Manga.

Cherine squeals in my ear, "well hello there, Manga!" I giggle and pull her into a side hug. "Hey Cheri. Just came in for a curl-I'm going out tonight." I say, moving my eyebrows squiggly.

She pulls from the hug and brushes her fingers threw my dry hair. "Someone ain't been keeping up with they hair." She rises her eyebrows and shakes her head at me.

"Well come on! Everybody gon' be happy to see you." She pushes me further into the salon.

"Manga!"

"Well looky there! It's Manga!"

Everyone showered me with hugs and hellos until I was under the washer for my hair to be cleansed.

"So how ya momma? She 'on come round here no moe." I look up to Cheri's big brown eyes. I sigh and reach out to her wet hand that's diggin into my coils. "She's fine, Cheri. She misses you." My voice is sorrow.

Momma and Cheri used to be so close years ago. Once Cheri blew up, the whole town started coming. Everyone began to love Cheri, causing more space between momma and Cheri.

Momma still recommends me to go to Cheri though, she know she does good hair.

"I'm sure she does." She clears her throat, rubs her hand against mine then let's go. "How you been, Manga?" She asks, letting any drop of sadness go down the drain.

I smile hearing her sweet voice come back. "Work, really. Ain't got time for anything else." I sigh to myself thinking about how lonely I've been these couple months.

"Mm-mm." She shakes her head ferociously. "Now you know work ain't everything. You needs a man. Now sit up!" She turns the sink off and pulls my back up and wraps a towel around my neck.

I watch drops of water sink into my shirt thinking about what Cheri said. I shouldn't work as much and try to go out more.

"Ard. Now ya hair smellin good. So watcha doing tonight?" She asks drying her hands on the nearest towel.

I grin. "Going out with a couple friends of mine from work. Invited at the last minute." I stand to my feet as she leads me to the dryer.

"Sit under here for a hour. Then I'll grab ya and finish ya." I nod and give a thank you. She nods and walks off.

As the dryer begins to throw heat waves at my neck and hair I sit in relaxation. I grab my phone from my back pocket and text Momma to tell her I'll be over later.

"Well ain't today a good day! First Manga show up, now you? Well ain't the lord answering my prayers." I look over to Cheri's fat ankles up to her big grin. I hear my name and I'm a little confused on why.

I look over to her to see a white guy in a cop uniform. She rubs his cheek as he smiles in her palm. He's broad and taller then Cheri so he has to bend to her touch.

I giggle seeing him blush from the love she was giving. That's how Cheri was. She'd put you on the spotlight with kisses and love, no matter how embarrassed or shy you were.

I try to listen more on their talk but Dia comes up asking what I'm looking at.

I look at her outfit and hide my disgust. "Nothin. Got a good look going on right here." I point to her yellow tank with pink shorts.

She smiles and poses. "Well, thank you!"

The dryer  goes off and I look over to where I saw Cheri last. She was no longer there but the cop was and he was looking at me.