Chapter Sixteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Your mother showed up again today.” He began, placing himself on the bed. Gretchen showed up in the estate everyday and Frederick was this close to shoving Elizabeth back in Gretchen's arms if only to rid himself of her.

Elizabeth glanced back down. “I want nothing to do with her.” She whispered.

“Of course not, darling.” Frederick forced a smile and pulled her close. Her head came to settle on his shoulder. “Yet, I cannot help but think you want nothing to do with me as well.” He whispered against her hair.

“Frederick...” She lifted her head up and he immediately leaned forward and captured her lips.

Pushing her back against the bed, he leaned down over her and kissed her.

“Frederick...”

He heard her protest but he ignored her as his kiss simply deepened. Reaching down, he lifted the skirt up until both her legs were exposed.

“Frederick, I can't!” She cried. “Frederick!”

A sharp pain exploded on his face, leaving his right cheek stinging. Lifting himself slightly off of Elizabeth who watched him wide eyed, he touched his cheek.

Furious at the thought that she would strike him, he rose to his feet.

“Frederick! Please!”

Without stopping to acknowledge her, he stormed out of the room and made his way out of the building. He gave the orders for a carriage to be brought to him and waited with rising anger for his orders to be carried out.

“Frederick!” Elizabeth's desperate call sounded from behind him.

Gritting his teeth and clenching his fingers for fear he'd hurt her, he didn't turn to acknowledge her.

“I didn't mean to do that, I'm so sorry!”

“Leave!” He clenched his teeth.

“Frederick, please understand...”

Unable to control his mounting anger, he turned around swiftly and gathered a fistful of her black locks, jerking her head forward until she was standing on tip toes and her bulging eyeballs was only but an inch away from his blazing red eyes.

“I will assume that the reason you were stupid enough to lift a fist to me,” He whispered menacingly. “Is because you are not familiar with what I'm capable of. Now, Lady Elizabeth Wellington, I will let your foolishness pass this once but if, by some stroke of bad luck, it reoccurs,” He tightened his grip on her hair. “I'm not promising that you'll walk away with simply a bruised scalp.”

Releasing his hold on his hair abruptly, she fell to her knees before him.

Turning back around, he strolled down the front stairs and climbed into the carriage, utterly disgusted by the female who knelt on his front porch, weeping.

The carriage began its journey away from the Wellington estate. Frederick's fingers remained balled into a fist until the carriage pulled to a halt before a rather modest building.

Climbing down, Frederick made his way to a window where he picked a stone from the ground and threw it against the window pane.

He watched as the curtains drew open and a familiar female face appeared.

“Frederick?” She gawked. “What are you doing here?! And so late?!”

“Well, Caitlin, if you do not let me in, I'll have to storm in through the front door.”

Caitlin frowned before pulling the windows shut. A few minutes later, he heard the front door open and an annoyed Caitlin appeared.

“Why are you here?! And how did you find my house?!” She whispered.

Frederick simply pulled her close, the feel of her body against his filling him with the warmth he so desperately needed. Leaning down, he kissed her.

Frederick couldn't help but be thankful for Caitlin. She was the little piece of sanity he had to hold on to while he was in London.

“You shouldn't be here! What if someone sees...”

He kissed her again. Reaching down, he lifted her in his arms and carried her into his carriage.

“Keep moving until I tell you to stop.” He gave the command to the coachman and slammed the door to the carriage shut. He turned his attention back to Caitlin who sat gawking at him. “You should take your clothes off, darling, we have a long night ahead.”

Copyright © 2017 Lily Orevba All rights reserved.