05.

"I must say, it's a bit enlightening to see that you aren't entirely terrified by all of this." Taeyong's voice broke through the wall that had surrounded Yesol's thoughts as she stared faithfully into Mark's golden eyes. His joking tone seemed to ease a bit of the tension in her and she finally cracked a smile, her nerves relaxing.

"I would be lying if I didn't say I saw it coming. I suppose I have my grandmother to thank for opening the doors to all of this understanding."

Her voice made Mark's ears twitch a little as he looked at her sideways, the sound of it soothing him. He let out a whimper at her to which she found so incredibly adorable and had to stop herself from cooing at.

Taeyong raised his hand, and she turned to him, seeing his eyes focused on the young wolf. It seemed like they were communicating without words, and she felt a little jealous at that kind of connection. Sure enough, he turned to her a moment later with a grin. "You may want to look away this time. He won't have his boxers on anymore when he shifts back, I'm afraid."

Yesol blushed and nodded quickly, turning around and covering her eyes for good measure. However, not seeing him shift was much worse than watching, because every sound of his bones snapping was like a slap to her face and made her heart ache in a new kind of way.

"Does it hurt to do that?" She couldn't help but ask, flinching slightly even after Mark was finished shifting.

"It's very painful the first few times we shift. But, over time, the more we do it the less it hurts, until eventually it becomes nothing more than a dull ache." Taeyong explained, giving her a comforting pat on the back. "Mark's done it plenty of times, so don't worry too much about it hurting him. He's rather mature for his age."

"Dull ache, my ass. That shit never stops hurting if you ask me." A new voice suddenly chirped out of nowhere, drawing Yesol's attention to the doorway of the house. She knew that she probably should've been surprised to see such a familiar face, but she wasn't.

"Haechan-ah?"

"Hey, Yesol. How's it going?"

Taeyong groaned beside her and stepped around her to face the younger boy. "I told you to stay away until I gave the all clear. Will you ever listen?"

"What? It's not like I can freak her out more than she already would be. Besides, she knows me, right Yesol?"

"Y-Yesol?" She stopped the silver haired man from reaching forward to give the boy a smack and stepped up to him instead. She gave him a disapproving look and shook her head. "I'm your teacher, Haechan."

The redhead scoffed and crossed his arm, rolling his eyes despite the authority in her tone. "Oh, but Mark is allowed to call you by your name, I presume? How the hell is that fair?"

"Haechan, be more respectful." Mark's voice piped up as he made his way to stand by Yesol. She glanced cautiously over at him, pleased to see he was now in a pair of shorts, albeit still very much shirtless. Her eyes wandered a tiny bit over the smooth expanse of his pale torso before she looked back at the younger male again, chastising herself and blushing furiously.

He's my student.

"Can't we at least call you by your name outside of school? I mean, we'll be seeing a lot of each other and- Ah! Hey!" Taeyong pinched Haechan's ear to cut him off, throwing a hard glare his way. "What?! It's an honest question!"

"This is why I told you to stay away, you'll yap her ear off if you keep talking. Go back inside and shut up."

"Ah, no it's alright..." Yesol shook her head, feeling a bit sorry for the youngster. Haechan smirked at his alpha and stuck his tongue out in triumph once Taeyong released him. "But," She continued, gaining their attention again, all three of them frowning as she took a couple of steps back, away from them. "I don't know how much we'll be seeing each other outside of school."

Panic started to rise in her chest as she gave Mark a very sad smile.

It wasn't right for her to feel that way for him. Not only could she lose her job, but he could get kicked out of school if it were to be found out. And, although they hadn't really done anything, she knew they would only grow closer the more time she allowed for them to spend together.

Even Taeyong looked taken aback by her sudden change in demeanor, worry etched in his eyes just as much as Mark's. Or perhaps more because of Mark.

"Are you alright?" The blond boy began to reach forward, to grab her hand and bring some type of comfort to both of them, but she moved away before he could, taking a strike at his heart.

Yesol sighed, her hand coming over her chest to try and calm her breathing a bit. "I'm fine. It's just... you're my student, Mark. Haechan too."

"And Jeno." Haechan added, his timing less than fulfilling.

"Of course he also has something to do with this." She groaned to herself, her frustration growing. Another student to worry about. Hell, there were probably more she didn't even think to consider, Taeyong looked to be her age but that didn't mean he was, he could be a minor too, for all she knew.

Taeyong finally had enough of Haechan's banter and pushed him inside, despite his loud protests. "Leave them alone to talk things out. Quit complaining or I'll make you run laps for two hours tonight, and patrol."

Once the door slammed shut behind them, Yesol almost wished they hadn't left because the tension doubled, the air growing awkward instantly. Mark opened his mouth to speak but stopped himself, trying to form the right words. But, they wouldn't come no matter how hard he tried.

He wasn't ready for her to reject him.

Eventually, he just settled for a simple question, an icebreaker of sorts. "Ah, I-can I call you Yesol?"

The sound of her name leaving his lips made her regret what she was about to say next before she even did, but she knew that she had to in order for things to remain how they should. To create a boundary somewhere between them. "I'm sorry, Mark. I don't think that's such a good idea right now."

He frowned, disappointment very evident in his features as he spoke. "What do you mean by 'a good idea'? Or 'right now' for that matter? None of this was my 'idea'. I didn't ask for this to happen to you, or to me."

"I know. I know..." She exhaled heavily, blinking back the tears that had begun to threaten falling. It came as an instinct and she did it before she could even stop herself, her hand reaching up to cup his cheek. The effect was instant, the touch calming both of their nerves down, a calm and serene feeling encasing them. "Look, I am by no means.... rejecting you. I just need time, okay? There's a lot that could be at risk from this, I could lose my job if you and I are seen getting any closer than a student and teacher should. Or, even with Haechan-ah."

"I get it." He sighed, but nodded understandingly. His hand came up to his cheek and grabbed onto hers, bringing it to his lips to place a chaste kiss against her skin. "I'm just still amazed by how well you took all of this, anyway. I feel blessed."

Her heart tightened at his words, and she wanted nothing more than to allow him to hold her hand forever if he wanted to. But, she had to keep her wits about her for the sake of her job and everyone's well being. At least for now. "Thank you."

Reluctantly, Mark let go of her hand, watching as she began to walk down the steps, away from him. "I'll give you all of the time you need. But, please remember that I'll be waiting."

Once her feet touched the ground she turned to face him again, a hopeful glint in her eye. "Me too, Mark. Give me until June, alright? Both of us will have graduated by then, and we'll both be free to make our own decisions, as adults."

She started to walk away before he spoke, but even after she had built a little bit of distance between them, she could still hear his words and they replayed in her mind repeatedly as she made her way home. And, perhaps every day preceding that.

"I'll wait forever if that's what you need."