Prologue

Approximately 4 hours before.

"Ly what exactly are we doing? It must be 1:00 in the morning and we've been walking for 15 minutes."

"Relax Zo. Just a few more seconds and we'll get there, I promise. There's someone waiting for us."

"Okay. Fine I trust you Ly... At least tell me what we're walking into."

"Ah, you'll see. We're here!" Ly winked. "I'm sure we have the right specimen this time."

"A small abandon shack?" Zoe asked unsure. In front of them was a small shack built out of wood that seem would collapse at any moment. You could barely see through the windows. There was something smeared on to the windows... Blood? Overall this shack seemed to give off a bad vibe.

"Yes. You've heard the Reapers have been committing more crimes this past week right? They seem to be appearing and disappearing. We've grown quite suspicious," Ly said. "Maybe we can turn them in, or ask where they've been disappearing to."

"Reapers? Ly don't tell me..."

"Precisely! We've acquired a member from the Reapers. I'm not saying we kidnapped them or anything. Well yes. We kidnapped one. I admit it," Ly grinned.

"No way!" Zoe screeched. "If the Reapers find out we're dead! How could you Ly?"

"Don't worry, the Reapers won't notice his disappearance. We're just going to ask him some questions and that's it," Ly smiled.

"Hah, things never that peacefully or smoothly when you're with us. I think I can guess what happens if the member will not speak willingly," Zoe shuddered.

"Correct my little assistant. We'll just give him small punishments here and there."

-------------------------

"Mr.Davenkar right? We just need you to answer our questions. Answer them willingly and that makes our lives both easier okay? When I remove your gag I expect answers," Ly said approach the man.

"Riley Davenkar?! Ly, we're going to die! What are you thinking kidnapping the sub-leader of the Reapers?" Zoe screamed frantically.

"Relax Zo," Ly scoffed. "He's tied to a chair, see. He can't do anything. Get the tray from the cabinet please."

"Y-yes ma'am," Zoe made her way to the cabinet. She grabbed the tray from the cabinet and slammed it shut horrified of what she's seen. "You have knives in the cabinet?"

"Mhm, bring the tray over please," Ly said quickly. Zoe placed the tray on the table beside the man. Ly untied the gag.

"You little-" Ly retied the gag over his mouth.

"I thought I only wanted answer from you. Not your comments," Ly said. "Now we you cooperate with us please Mr.Devenkar? I will now remove the gag once more."

Riley nodded and Ly slowly removed it.

"Heh, you're a freak. Does the little girl over there know that? You're twisted ; insane. You need to be put down. You won't get a answer from me at all, nor would our leader," He scoffed.

Ly picked up a knife from the tray and examined it. "Continuing on. What's with the mass crime this week?"

"I ain't tell you," He spat. Ly's gaze harden on him. Zoe scooted closer to the back of the room.

"Well if that's the case, I'll just have to.." Ly plunged the knife into his hand as far in as it could, and left it there.

Zoe cringed in the corner. Turning her back from the horrific scene, she gazed out the window, however unable to tune out of the man's screams.

"I'm sorry!" Ly shouted over his screams. "This is my first time torturing a person!"

Zoe rolled her eyes.

Ly picked up a nail. "Should I pierce these through your eyes, or every joint of your finger?"

"T...Torture me all... You want. You're not get answers... Nor from the leader," He spoke with each agonizing breath.

"Assistant I need more nails!"

"Y-yes m'am!" She scrambled towards the cabinet once more.

The door creaked open. There stood a man holding another man with his arms tied behind his back.

"Where do you want this?" He asked pointing to the tied man.

"Ah, Rivel, just in time. It seems our sub-leader isn't cooperating. Perhaps our leader here would?" Ly gestured towards the leader being held by the man called Rivel.

"K-yle! Your... Caught... Too?" Riley gasped.

Rivel kicked Kyle in the back. He stumbled forward and landed on his knees giving a tortuous 'crack' sound.

"We've been causing trouble... Because we've found a way out."

Ly gave a satisfying smile. Riley stared at his leader with a betrayal expression.

Zoe stood there.

Never before had I realize, Lyra Reyers, was the one thing I should be terrified of.