Chapter Six

Seamus woke to a small sound. It was almost indiscernible with Harry's usual sleep talking. It was a whimper. That night he'd made sure Dean had fallen asleep, and after only a few hours Dean was having The Dream again.

He muttered in his sleep, tossing and turning. Seamus simply watched, not sure if he should comfort him or not. When he finally woke up with a gasp, he rushed off, not even sparing a glance at Seamus.

"Wonder what he's up to." Sea muttered. He walked down to the toilet where he'd heard the door slam. "Dean?"

"What do you want now?" Dean sobbed quietly.

Seamus was confused. "I didn't do anything."

"No, of course you didn't." Dean murmured. "I was the one who snapped at you."

"Don't speak like that!" Seamus said hotly. "You had a bad dream that's all. Do you want to talk about it?"

"No." Dean said blatantly. So Seamus didn't pressure him. They sat on their respective beds, until Seamus yawned.

"Mate, I tried staying up for you, but it's like three in the morning. We have both Potions and DADA tomorrow. Not to mention the DA." He laid down. "If you need me, wake me. I am here for you."

But Dean stared at him without a word. Then he turned to his painting supplies. He studied Seamus's face, which would have been creepy if he wasn't a painter. He then drew an outline, and he added flames in curling patterns on the outside. He was so focused that he finished it before breakfast the next day. Then he got ready and went down, but now befor leaving it on Seamus's bed. On the back he added four words and his name.

I forgive you, Sea. Dean.

He wasn't sure what else to put, so he simply put it there, then headed to breakfast. Or, he was going to when he suddenly just needed to get away, to hide from everything that was happening.

He wasn't surprised when the door appeared to his right. The room answered to him yet again. He opened it and went inside, and in it he found a dark place full of comfortable blankets, and music playing. Soft classical music.

"Perfect." He muttered. Then he went in, without any intention of coming out.

It wasn't until he realized his stomach was growling that he got up from a curled position on a particularly comfortable blanket. There was no way to get food in the room, and he needed that, so he left. He wasn't sure how long he had been in there, but he realized it had been some time as it was dark outside. Everything was falling apart, he didn't know what to do. He sighed and then headed to the Great Hall.

There he found some food, and a very angry looking Ginny.

"Where have you been all day? We've all been worried!"

"I-I'm sorry Gin, I just needed some time away from all this."

"Did you? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm sorry, I messed up ok? I'll do something for you tomorrow, I promise."

But Ginny just looked at him stonily. "This isn't how relationships work, Dean. Both people need to confide in the other, and also have their own opinion."

Dean shivered.

What happens next? I don't love Ginny, I can see that now. This year is such a mess. What will I do Seamus?