Twilight Goes To Hogwarts - Chapter III

*A/N: Suspense is building up folks... Short chapter, but for a good reason ;)*

...

Suddenly, I heard rapid thumpings as someone rushed down the stairs behind me. I abruptly turned my head to see Alice with an expression of wide-eyed fear and a mobile phone locked tight in her right hand.

"Carlisle just called!" She panted. Easy Alice, you're supposed to 'know' this was going to happen.

"What..." Bella stood up, panic starting to rise in her voice. "What did he say?"

"Jacob is seriously hurt."

Both Bella and I 'what'ted at the same time, except that hers was so loud, it could've easily woken up some random grandpa in China. She was truly shocked. Endless questions poured from her mouth, slurring into gibberish as she spoke faster and faster.

Alice's dumbfounded eyes stared at Bella's changing expressions, and it was quite amusing.

"Bella..." I tried to silence her by calling her name, but there was barely any difference. "Bella! Calm down!"

Her panic soon attracted the attention of the others - Emmett and Esme were the first to come. Jasper descended down the stairs with an indifferent mood and I could feel the presence of Rosalie somewhere around, who was pretending not to care but listened in behind the wall.

Alice was trying to shush Bella, but in vain, because new questions from Emmett arose. I continued to sit on the stairs just as I had, and waited for this ruckus to end. Although one thought did bother me, and I wanted to express it.

"What about Renesme?" I said in a normal voice, not even trying to be heard. And just as I thought, the ringing voices died down immediately after I mentioned Renesme. "Jacob was supposedly watching over her." I added.

Everyone waited for Alice's reply, even Bella was silent.

"Carlisle... Didn't say... I..." Alice nervously struggled to form a sentence. "I should've asked..." Alice dropped the blame on herself before anybody else could beat her to it (and by anybody else I mean Rosalie). I don't blame her though, because for some reason, it's really easy to forget that Renesme even exists.

"We have to go see him. Now!" Bella threw glances at everyone before disappearing. It was funny how she cared more about Jacob than her own daughter.

Just as I suspected, Rosalie had been listening into our conversation, and pushed past Esme and Emmett to go after Bella. Judging from the step that Alice took, I had to make way, so I stood up and eventually followed her and Jasper to the car park.

Bella and Rosalie, of course, didn't bother getting a car in their swift departures, and Emmett preferred to go with them. Now I was alone with the Cullens and Jasper.

"Do you know where we're going?" I directed my question at Alice, just as we got into my car. "The hospital?"

Alice dropped down onto the passenger seat next to me, while Jasper and Esme took the seats behind us.

"No," Alice looked at me for a second and then sighed as I turned on the purring car engine. "I really couldn't say this in front of Bella... Jacob was attacked by someone."

I couldn't hide my surprise, no matter how much I hated the guy.

"Who was it?" I said.

"Carlisle had rushed out of work early; him and Jacob are in La Push right now. We're going there." She dodged my question, staring right ahead as I hit the gas pedal.