Twilight Goes To Hogwarts - Chapter VI

*A/N: Here is chapter six. Bella, Jacob and Renesme are all kept in the dark about this whole situation, but for how long..?*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knew this town like the back of my hand right now, so finding a few shortcuts to La Push was as easy as anything. In less than five minutes, I was already there. I parked the car by the road and got out. The wizard I had seen before was not by the door anymore, but the lights in the house told me a different story. Of course, they hadn't left yet.

As soon as I started walking towards the house, Alice and Esme slipped out.

"Well," I sighed, stopping for a moment. "This is it."

"Cedric," Esme called my real name, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Good luck."

I smiled at her, for probably the last time. She smiled back. Then Alice grabbed hand and gripped it tight, dragging me inside the house. She said nothing.

Bella's P.O.V.

These people, whoever they are, have been intimidating me for a good ten minutes now. I saw Jasper and Esme somewhere, but they disappeared again. There was no sign of Edward anywhere. How long was I going to stand in the middle of attention like some criminal?

Carlisle was trying his best to make them reconsider, but it was visible they weren't going to change their minds.

And then, like an instinct, I felt Edward's presence come.

"It's him!" Someone shouted from the crowd. I looked back to the door, where people had made way for Edward to come. His solemn stride made it seem like he had come to a funeral.

When he appeared by my side, he kept his face down and looked at the ground below him. The people around us started whispering, and I was starting to suspect something wasn't right. Why does Edward look so... guilty? Why isn't he fighting for Renesme?

"It's him!" Someone shouted again, much louder this time. Why do they keep saying that?

Soon, the whispers were turning into shouts and gasps. I felt like I was invisible, I didn't understand any of it.

I glanced at Carlisle, whose expression looked as empty as Edward's.

"Edward!" I shook his shoulder. He didn't react. "What's going on?" He didn't say a word. Then I looked at Carlisle. "Carlisle?" No one answered me.

A woman came from the crowd and pushed past me to get to the old man of authority, whatever his name is. She whispered to him, "It's not him, Amos. It can't be. You know that."

As soon as the name Amos was mentioned, Edward's head shot up at the old man. That clearly indicated he knows him.

I examined his expression, I looked right into his eyes, which were distant as he looked right past me at Amos. Feeling like a bump in the path, I took a step back.

"...Cedric?" Amos called out, looking directly at Edward. The woman who was beside him kept telling him that it's not Cedric, and I agreed. His name is Edward Cullen, not Cedric. "Son, is that you?"

I froze.

...Son? Surely, if this man called Amos has a son, he can recognize that Edward is not him. What the hell is wrong with him?

"His name is Edward." I spoke out, not able to take this anymore but nobody seemed to take notice. Was anybody even aware I was there?

"She is right..." Edward backed me up, even though he sounded more like he was backing himself up instead, and I couldn't ignore the pain I heard in his tone.

The witch woman pushed me aside to get to Edward, and drew out a wooden stick. She pointed it at his face and murmured 'Lumos'. My eyes widened as luminous light suddenly flashed from the tip of the stick. It illuminated Edward's face and exposed his facial features.

"Look at me." The woman ordered him. He seemed to hesitate for a moment and glanced at me. At that very moment, Carlisle called Embry's name. Embry appeared from the crowd and dragged me away with him. I would have struggled, but I was so confused about this whole situation, I didn't seem to think rationally anymore. I looked back, and saw as Edward, the woman, man named Amos and Carlisle disappeared behind the bunch of people. When I tugged my hand back in an attempt to get Embry's hand off mine, he gently said. "Come on Bells."

I didn't see where he took me, but soon we were by a white door, maybe in the upper floor. I breathed heavily, still trying to ignore that all of this is happening.

"Jacob's in there with Renesme." Embry finally said. "You should be with them for the time being." And left. Just like that.

I stood like a frozen statue next to the white door. Beyond it, I could hear Renesme's soft voice mumbling something I couldn't make out. My shaking hand automatically reached for the handle, and before I knew it, it was open.

"Bella!" Jake's delighted voice greeted me. I stepped into the room, and saw him lying on a large white bed next to the open window. He looked as good as he always had, except for the strange bandage across his chest.

Renesme sat by the bed, with her long curls falling down her back like a waterfall. She looked at me expectantly, as if I had come to give her something.

"...Hey." I said wearily.

"You ok?" Jake asked immediately. "You seem kind of dizzy."

"Yeah..." I agreed, stepping inside the room and closing the door behind me. "I'm just... confused about what's going on. Who are those people down stairs?"

"They're magicians." Renesme said, confident in her answer. The word 'magician' made me choke on air.

"Jacob? Is that true?" I didn't need a voice recorder to prove the fact that I sounded like a robot just then.

"It makes sense." Jacob sighed. "That's all I can say. They hurt me like hell and it isn't healing fast enough."

"Why did they attack you?" I asked again, and sat down on the bed next to Renesme.

"They thought I was a threat. I don't blame them either. I was the one who attacked them first."

"Why the hell would you do that?"

"Well, what would you do if you had to keep guard of the area, went for a walk in the middle of the forest and saw a bunch of cloaked dudes who were waving sticks all over the place?"

"Well..." He has a good point. "But what did you do to set them off?"

"I don't know..." Jake looked away at the window. "Roared... Kind of..."

I just remembered.

"Hey, any idea why they're calling Edward Cedric? Or something?"

Jake and Renesme looked at me, surprised.

"No," Jake's forehead creased. "I've never heard anyone call him that. They called him that?"

I nodded to confirm it. I was relieved that Jacob and Renesme were both as bewildered as I was. Which reminded me...

Without saying anything, I grabbed Renesme and hugged her. She struggled a little at first but quickly gave in.

"I won't let them take you away... I won't." I whispered to her.