-19-

Charlotte put her hands in front of her mouth

Charlotte put her hands in front of her mouth. What did she just tell Sirius? How could she be so stupid to say something like that? Now he would think she is insane. He would start asking questions he didn't want the answer to and question she didn't want to answer.

"What are you talking about?" Sirius asked not understanding a word of what she just said. He is dead? What does that mean?

"Nothing, forget what I said." Charlotte said trying to make him forget what she said. Something she knew wouldn't work. She needed to talk to James right now.

"I'm not gonna forget that you just told me that I'm dead!" Sirius said raising his voice more the longer he talked. He was getting scared, it had to be something important if she just told him she couldn't love him because he was dead. Even if he didn't know what that meant.

"It's nothing."

"Stop lying to me. I can't take you lying to me anymore." Sirius ran his hands through his hair again, almost wanting to pull it out from its roots.

"You don't understand." Charlotte really needed to talk to James right now. She needed his help and advice about how she should do about this. If she should tell Sirius the truth or if she should come up with an other lie.

"No I don't so please explain it to me." Sirius just wanted to scream at her for doing this to him.

"I can't! Not right now. I'll tell you everything in the morning. I can't tell you when we're both drunk." Charlotte said with a small voice. She didn't have a way to get out of this.

"I don't believe you!" She understood completely why he didn't believe her.

"I promise I'll tell you everything in the morning." Charlotte said again almost whispering it. Even though she had lied to Sirius and ignored him for a few days she still hated seeing him hurt.

"Fine." He huffed out before he left Charlotte standing alone in the corridor. She sighed putting her hands against the wall trying to get herself together. This was not good. It was dangerous having to much people knowing the truth about her. The first thought that come to mind again was that she needed to talk to James, now.

Charlotte ran, as fast as she could in heels, back to the party to find James. He wasn't hard to find, he was standing in the middle of the dance floor dancing with Lily. They were both having big smiles on their faces not having a care in the world.

"James!" Charlotte yelled over the music not caring about how many people that was now looking at her when she ran over to her two friends, both were smiling at her.

"I need to talk to you right now!" Charlotte said trying to get James to understand what she was talking about it. He understood what she meant and nodded before turning back to Lily.