20 || The Return

x Karella Carlo x

The cool air hits my face as soon as I exit the plane and land back in my home country and I'm glad to say that I'm back in England.

America has been a great adventure, I got to have the gap year I always wanted to take, I got to experience many things I probably wouldn't have if I didn't go to America.

I had some kisses. My first boyfriend, and a couple more American flings just for fun because I knew they wouldn't last, who I went further with. I tried some American foods that I've never tried before. I started regular exercising with my dad and feel fitter than I ever have before. I even got my first tattoo - dad's and mum's names on each ankle. I have to warn, tattoos are pretty painful - well I guess a needle drawing ink onto your raw skin would be. But most importantly, I've accepted that my mother's death is not my fault, the nightmares have stopped and I'm free form being haunted.

I quickly run up the stairs and enter my bedroom, spinning and jumping around in it, enjoying the return home.

Even though I've just got back, I prepare myself to go out into the collosal, dangerous world again.

"I'm going to visit mum now." I tell dad as I leave.

"Okay, don't be too long."

I quickly flash him a sweet smile and speed walk to mum, too impatient to waste time.

Everything comes back to me as I start the short journey, I remember this route like the back of my hand. I look at everything and see how it's changed - quite a bit has change but it's still recognisable, like when a friend gets a completely new hairstyle.

Talking about style, I dropped the badgirl attitude and adopted a new one which suits the new me, Ella. It's a mix of the old me with slight changes - I'm more mature now so I dress like it.

I enter the grave yard and rush to mum's grave stone.

"Hi mum!" I say as I hug her grave stone. "I'm back from America! I've missed you so much, and I've got so much to tell you now. But dad and I are really busy today so I'll come back a different day with a picnic to give you all the details."

I chat non stop about my new experiences as she patiently listens. I tell her I'm no longer Karella, but just Ella. She accepts that I'm growing up and finding who I really am. I wanted if all kids talk to their mum's like this. I make sure she knows dad is doing great and that he may or may not have found another woman to love - but obviously he could never love her as much as he loves my mother, she was his world. If she was still here, dad would never even glance at another person.

After about 30 minutes of gossiping to mum, I finally get up to go home after one more hug. The stone is cold, but I know my mother's heart is hot.

I exit the gate of the grave yard and see a hooded guy walking on the same path, but in the opposite direction.

He walks right past me, but stops a step away from me.

"Karella?" Questions a familiar voice.

I turn around nonchalantly, ready to take on the world and see his face. Ever heard the phrase 'actions speak more than words'? Well, they do... so all I did was smile. And he smiled back.

That's the end of Bubblegum Ice Cream; I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I have writing it

Comment what you love best about this book and what made you read it.

Thank you for reading the first book I've ever wrote.. I love you forever. ❤

Xx Ash

P.S. If you want a different ending, read on.