Chapter 7

John rushed out of St Barts and got into the first cab he could get. He went straight to 221B and went into his room and lay on his bed trying to calm himself.
No! he screamed in his head. She couldn't, she wouldn't...
John and Harriet didn't have the best relationship but he still cared for his sister. He wouldn't want Harry to have to go through this, especially since the divorce was just going through. Millions of questions ran through his mind as he kept back the tears.
Criminal records?
What had she done?
Why would she do this?
Is she being framed?
Is this some sick joke?
John heard the door to their flat open and then came the sound of muffled voices. It sounded as if Sherlock was informing Mrs Hudson about what had happened.
A knock sounded at his door. "John?"
"What do you want, Sherlock?" he spat.
"Are you okay? I'm coming in!" Sherlock declared.
John sat up and wiped his red eyes. The tears started to flow again when he saw Sherlock standing at the doorway.
"Yes, Sherlock," John sobbed. "I just found out my sister is a murderer and I'm completely okay!"
"We don't know for sure that she killed anyone-"
"CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE!" John shouted. "IT'S CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE! THE PRINTS ARE ENOUGH TO CONVICT!"
"John," Sherlock said quietly. "I believe that your sister is innocent and that she's being used to stimulate your emotions."
"You word doesn't prove anything in a court of law, Sherlock! The evidence is there and it's enough to convict her!" John was seriously a mess at this point. He just couldn't take in the fact that his sister, Harry Watson, could possibly have the nerve to do such a thing.
"I am determined to prove her innocence, John. I need your help to do so." Sherlock came and sat at the end of John's bed. They were close enough that if John moved his leg a little to the left, he would be able to touch Sherlock's leg.
"Surely they're about to arrest her? They can't just leave a suspected murderer ly-"
Sherlock closed the gap between them and planted his lips onto John's, stopping his words. The kiss was soft and only lasted a couple seconds until Sherlock pulled away.
"I'll do whatever it takes to prove her innocent," Sherlock said quietly before getting off the bed. He walked towards the door and turned to his companion who was just staring at him. "I promise." He walked out of the room.
John wiped the few remaining tears from his face and sniffed.
What the bloody hell just happened?