Chapter 2

AN: Hey guys here's chapter two. Enjoy! Vote and comment please!
-Mad

•Songs of the Chapter•

Country: Dust to Dust- Civil Wars

Pop: Begin Again- Taylor Swift

Pop: I Wanna Dance With Somebody- Ben Rector

Mariana's P.O.V.

As I sat in the backseat of the car, watching as my new home flew by, I couldn't help but feel anxious. I am really here! This is really happening! My cabbie acts as a tour guide, pointing out some main historical landmarks along the way. Eventually, we arrive at Braxton. It's a huge university from what I have learned online and seeing it in person, it's even bigger.

After a quick drive through campus, the taxi comes to a stop in front of a four story, brick building. I step out of the cab and look up. Written in huge letters on the top of the building, are the words Hughes Hall. I'm guessing this is my dorm for the next seven months.

I grab one of my suitcases and my driver grabs the other two. We walk up to the front door. I try the handle, but quickly realize it's locked. I look beside the door frame for a call button. However, there isn't one. There is a card scanner though, for a card I don't yet have.

That's when I realize I don't even know what room I'm staying in and seeing as it's 11 o'clock at night, no one is in the offices. Great! Another thing to do tomorrow. It would happen that just about this time it starts snowing profusely. Wonderful! As it things could get worse.

"Miss, would you like me to take you to a hotel?"

"That would be great. Thank you."

After dropping me and my luggage off at the hotel with promises of being back at 8 AM to take me to the campus for a second attempt, I began the elevator right up to my room. The minute I have myself and my luggage in the room, I throw myself on my bed. Oh! What an eventful day. I quickly search for a phone to call my mom on. The minute I find it, I call her number.

"Hello?"

"Mom! Hey, I wanted to let you know, I made it safely. I think I left my phone in the car."

"Hey sweetheart! I was wondering when you would call. Yes! I found your phone in the car. How's England?"

"It's wonderful! It's actually snowing."

"Really?! How nice. What's your dorm room like? Have you met your roomie?"

"Actually... I can't get into the dorm without a key card. And I don't have one yet, so I have no idea."

After talking some more with my mom, we said goodbye. The minute the phone call was over I realized I was all alone, no one to talk to. Completely alone. No one had any way to communicate with me. No one would even notice me missing. And honestly it was kind of scary.

I turn on my computer to check Twitter and Facebook to see what people back home where up to. Quickly becoming bored with that, I turn on the TV. I channel surf for a while, until stopping at my favorite show of all time, Sherlock. I watch that for an hour before deciding I should try to sleep so I could adjust to this time zone quicker. After an hour of lying there, I found myself drifting off to sleep.

The Next Morning

My alarm woke me up rather loudly at the early hour of 6 AM. Today was the day in which I would see my dorm room and meet my roomie! I can't wait! I jump in the shower, wash my hair, shave my legs. I use the hotel provided hair dryer to dry my hair. After drying my hair, I plug in my curling iron. Pop! Oh great! And then I realize, why exactly it did that. I don't have an outlet adapter yet.