>>ONE<<

CHAPTER 1: FIFTH WHEEL

"IT IS NOT A DOUBLE DATE, IT'S A GROUP THING."

I snort from where I sit in the back, my best friends peering at me through the rear view mirror. "Well thank God- fifth wheeling would be great any other night, but tonight I'm feeling kind of horny."

The two girls roll their eyes, used to my antics by now. Allison Argent, my best friend as of a year ago just about now, turns to the driver. "Do they know it's a group thing? 'Cause I told you guys that I'm not ready to get back out there."

Lydia Martin, my best friend, my ride or die, huffs, twirling a strawberry blond curl as she delicately pressed the gas petal before peeking her green eyes through the rear view mirror at me. "Indi, how long has it been?"

I purse my lips, turning my blue eyes to the ceiling as I pretend to think, and Allison groans, already knowing what we were up to. "Hmm, I'd say it has been precisely four months since we've all been single, which is incidentally when Allison abandoned us and went to France... without us."

Allison snorts, but doesn't comment, and Lydia hums.

"Four months, Allison." the strawberry blond comments. "You were in France and didn't do any dating for four months?"

Allison huffs. " Did you guys? I mean, after Isaac and-"

Lydia and I groan, the latter snapping a quick, " Do not say his name." and Allison nods, a silence settling in the car for a brief moment I begin to curse out Jackson Whittemore.

"Is he okay? I mean, did everything work out?" she mumbles after a bit, and Lydia shifts and tightens her grip on the wheel uncomfortably.

"Well, the doctors looked like total idiots when he turned up alive, but everyone got over it." she responds tensely, and Allison opens her mouth to ask another question when I jump in.

"And yes, Derek taught him the werewolf 101, like how not to randomly kill people during a full moon." I chirp, and Allison snorts.

"Wonderful." the brunette glances between us. "So then you guys have talked to him?"

Lydia and I share a look. " Uh, not since he left for London."

"You mean since he dad moved him to London." Allison points out, and Lydia rolls her eyes.

"Whatever, he left." she snaps harshly, and I'm quick to speak over an awkward silence.

"And seriously, an American werewolf in London? Like, that's not gonna be a disaster. " Both girls smile.

Allison narrows her eyes at Lydia. " So you're totally over him?"

Lydia smiles. " Would I be going on a double date if I wasn't?" Allison and I both open our mouths to protest. "Yes, it is a double date. It's not an orgy. You both will live."