Prepping More Than He Should

"shit, shit, shit, SHIT!"

Otabek thought as he intently drove back to his apartment with his mind all over the place, still questioning who the hell he just saw. He hadn't seen Yuri for such a long time and of course he knew he still had a lot of growing to do since then, but he didn't expect to literally look up to him now. "Well, now, he's really...hot?" he said more of a question than a statement as he pulled in front of his stop and shut off the engine.

A sigh came from his mouth as he took off his helmet, resting it in his lap for a moment before swinging his leg over and sliding off the seat of his bike. Unlocking the door and walking inside, he dropped his helmet onto the couch and tossed his jacket onto it. He looked over to the clock on his side table, "9? Ok, still have an hour and a half" he mumbled to himself.

Walking down the hall to his room, he paused and glanced into the bathroom. "I should probably shower," he scrunched his nose as he ran a hand through his hair, the products making it feel greasy. "Yeah, definitely a shower." He walked into his room and took most of his clothes off, throwing them into a basket before grabbing a towel and heading back down the hall.

He played some music and turned on the water, making sure he wouldn't burn or freeze before stepping in. The issue with him taking showers is that he takes way too long in one, usually losing track of time until he realizes he reached the end of a playlist. Or until the hot water is all used up, which happened in this case and caused a few choice words to come out of his mouth before he could turn it off.

"I gotta work on that, I should be good on timing." He said as he started drying himself off. He picked up the phone to shut off the music and check the time. "Damn it, I have barely 30 minutes until I have to leave to get Yuri." He wrapped the towel around his waist and nearly ran back to his room, shuffling and flinging clothes around to not "dress like a douche," in Yuri's words.

He basically said fuck it and decided to default to a simple dark gray t-shirt and jeans, basically what he normally wears and he doesn't get called a douche so it must not be that bad. Using the towel to dry his hair as much as he could as he walked back to the bathroom, his eyes widening when he realized why he went out in the first place before Yuri distracted him. "I forgot to get my fucking gel!" He nearly screamed as he stared at himself in the mirror, legitimately panicking while figuring out what to do.

He flew through every drawer and cupboard trying to find some kind of hair product to use so his frizzy hair didn't look ridiculous. He sighed and leaned against the counter, holding up the one bottle with something in it. Curling Gel. "Why did I even keep this? It was a mistake I made months ago." He groaned and looked back up in the mirror, shrugging slightly as he squeezed out a small amount in his hand, rubbing it between his palms before running it through his hair.

He tried his hardest to comb and brush his hair back to stay but it wasn't doing much. He looked like he had just came from a boy band rather than going out to the bar for the night. Harshly throwing the bottle into the trash with a huff, he walked out to the entryway to slide on his leather jacket and shoes. Grabbing  his helmet, he hoped that wearing it might help flatten his hair. Probably not, but it was nice to hope.

He glanced at the time, "8:43, I gotta go now if I wanna be on time." Precisely as he opened the door to head outside, he got a text. And another, and another, and another. Checking them as he walked to his bike, he tried to hurry.

>"Beka its almost 9, you on your gay?"

>"WAY"

>"OH MY FUCKING GOD"

>"ON YOUR WAY"  

<"No I'm not on my gay, but I am on my way" he responded as he tried to not burst out laughing at the mistake. He was about to start up the bike when a thought popped into his head and he laughed loudly. "Phones suggest the most used word, holy shit Yuri." He took a few breaths to calm down before heading out, he could make it by 9 if he rushed.

Pulling up outside of Yuri's apartment a minute before 9, he parked on the side of the street. Deciding to just go up and get him, he remembered that Yuri said he was on the second floor. Making his way up the stairs, he paused for a moment before knocking on what he hoped was the other male's door. He heard shuffling around the inside for about 10 seconds before the door opened. Yuri quickly getting a confused look on his face, "hey Beka, uh, what's with your hai-" Lifting his hand up he only responded with "don't even ask."

Otabek almost forgot how tall Yuri got compared to him, but what didn't change was definitely that he still had the same style. He had a loose black tanktop with trim of his usual animal print on it, and since he was going out in public, he had to go dramatic with the animal printed skinny jeans he was wearing. Of course he had to be all matching, so his sneakers had the stripes of print to bring it all together.

The only thing about his style that did change was his hair. It was now long enough it reached all the way down his back, probably about to his butt. Only now, it was mostly back in a loose ponytail with a few strands hanging out, resisting the urge to push them back. He looked pretty damn good, but luckily this time Otabek was able to keep his mouth shut about his attractiveness.

"We gonna go, or are you just gonna stand there with your mouth open all night?" Yuri hit his chin upwards with a smirk.

((I AM JUST THE WORST AT UPDATING AND THEN SPEND 1000 WORDS ON THE NEXT CHAPTER

THE NEXT ONE WILL BE OUT SOONER BECAUSE I HAVE MANY MORE IDEAS I PROMISE

~OTADADDY  🐻👌

[Published Aug 22 2017]