"Goodnight, Kiwi fruit."

His eyes instantly went wide with what he just read. "I'm going to call you!" It said.

What? Is she crazy? He doesn't even know her. Sure, they've been texting for awhile now, but Calum still can't help but doubt.

She's really funny and he began to somehow feel just a little bit comfortable talking to her so maybe it wouldn't hurt to actually talk? To hear each other's voices? Damn, Calum's a fucking coward.

"Sydney Australia calling..." His phone said, making the boy let out a little gasp. She really is calling him.

He's still debating whether or not to answer, but it wouldn't hurt to just press the green button, would it?

Then finally, he tapped the answer button. He doesn't know why he's so anxious all of a sudden, but that instantly went away when he pressed his phone into his ear and heard her voice.

"Hi!" She cheerfully said, through the other line. How is she not nervous? Oh right. She was the one who insisted the phone call.

"H-hey." Calum stutter.

"Omg, is that really you?!" Sydney said.

"Y-yeah." He said, then cleared his throat, hoping to get rid of his stupid stuttering. "I guess?"

"Damn, you sound sexy." She chuckled.

"Well thank you, i'm glad." He said, letting out a small chuckle.

"Oh my god, why so dignified??" She whined. "Do you not realise this? you're finally talking to me! like, an actual talk!" She joked, laughing after.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry!" He said with a smile even though she can't see him.

"Soo... Do you want me to read you a story?" She said. "Like, a bedtime story??"

"You're serious about that?" He said, instantly laughing after.

"What, do you not want a bedtime story?" She said with a pout even though he doesn't see her.

"What, am I like, five or something?" He retorted.

"Just let me read you a story!" She said.

"Ugh. Fine, but don't expect me to actually fall asleep with that voice of yours." He said playfully.

"We'll see." She said with a smirk, not caring whether he could see her or not. "I read the best bedtime stories, Calum Hood."

"We'll see." He said.

"Well, what do you want? I have tons of books!" She said excitedly.

"I can't believe I'm actually letting you do this. You have divergent?" Calum asked.

"Yes but no." She said.

"What?" He asked, obviously confused by what she was saying.

"I'm not in the mood for divergent. How about the fault in our stars?" Sydney said.

"Goodness, you're such a girl!" Calum laughed.

"Well, it's because I am indeed a girl, Calum Hood." She said,

"Alright, alright." He said.

Seconds later, Sydney started to read the first chapter of the book and yes, she sounds beautiful. That's what Calum thought. She didn't know whether he's still awake or not, but she didn't dare ask him. She just continued to read. Plus, she's actually enjoying herself since she loves to read.

Fifteen minutes had passed and she decided to finally stop for awhile and ask about how Calum's doing on the other line.

"Calum?" She said softly.

No answer.

"You asleep?" She said once again.

No answer.

"Well, I guess you are. Goodnight, Kiwi fruit." She said with a smile, keeping her voice down and finally hanging up.