Chapter 22: Eric's POV

Start from the beginning

"We are going to destroy the Dark Realm. We will fix this realm up so that you may live happy lives," the Light Leader called out, making the realm go silent again.

The Light Leader knelt down, bowing her head. Her hood slipped over her forehead as she closed her eyes.

Suddenly, I felt something inside me drop. All of the awful fears I had, the bad memories, and the bad possibilities of the future just... left me. They didn't hurt as bad now. I was freed from my hurt and my pain. The world wasn't so bad now. I could be truly happy.

Finally, the realms were restored.

I closed my eyes, and I felt everyone else do that too. After a moment, I opened my eyes again. I heard noises of delight from all the Valkyries around me.

I looked around in wonder. The Valkyrie realm was repairing itself. The burn marks on the dirt were disappearing. The plants were regrowing, looking much greener than ever before.

The old house was swirling around, and it changed into a beautiful modern looking house with trees and shrubs growing around it.

The Valkyries looked so happy when they admired the new realm. It was beautiful, just right for all the Valkyries living there. Juno was beaming, twirling around in continuous circles. She looked so excited, she could have been a little girl at Disney World.

I couldn't help but laugh, because she looked so cute and beautiful.

"The Dark Realm is gone! We may now live in peace and harmony!" The Light Leader called out. The Valkyries cheered, and a small celebration broke out as everyone rejoiced.

The Leader came over to Juno and I, and asked to speak with us alone.

"Juno, you saved us. I know I already pointed that out, but the magic you used to stop the Dark Leader was incredible. I do not even believe I have that power. You are not a normal Valkyrie. You are special," the Light Leader implied. Juno looked at me, confused.

"What exactly are you saying?" She asked, looking back at the Leader.

"Juno, I'm saying you are powerful. You could potentially be a Leader of a Realm, like me," the Light Leader explained.

Juno gasped.

"I could mentor you. We could work together to continue the balance of realms. We could be side by side, immortal. You have the choice to be a Realm Leader," the Leader finished.

Juno looked stunned. My mind was reeling. I knew this was an amazing opportunity and I wanted Juno to accept. But a small part of me was selfish and didn't want Juno to go.

I would have to live without her if she did. I would never be able to do that.

The Leader cleared her throat. "Years ago, before I had my golden pendant, I had that rose necklace. The one you are wearing."

Juno held on to her necklace, looking at it in disbelief.

"One day, I dropped the necklace above the Valkyrie Realm. Your mother found it and put it on you before she was forced back into the Dark Realm. I made the new necklace, but you are in possession of my old one. I could not think of a better person to wear it than you. I am not the rightful owner of it anymore. You are. If you accept to be my partner, you can do many things. It is your choice. You do not have to. You can work with me as an immortal, or you may go back to your old life. There is no wrong choice. But there is only one truly right choice for you. Let your heart decide," the Light Leader smiled, looking directly at Juno.

Juno looked at the Leader, then back at me. She took a deep breath. She had made her decision. I held my breath, scared to know what she would say.

"I'm sorry, Light Leader. But I love Eric. I cannot leave him," Juno said, holding my hand. I felt a burst of absolute joy.

The Light Leader beamed.

"I had a feeling you would say that," she happily exclaimed. "I know this necklace is yours. So I'll give it back to you," Juno said, taking the necklace off. The Light Leader held her hands up.

"No. That necklace is the only thing you have to remember your mother by. You must keep it. Remember what I said to the Dark Leader? I do not need a necklace to be powerful," the Light Leader insisted, chuckling a bit.

Juno smiled.

"Well, you told me I'm one of the most powerful beings in all the realms. I won't trust myself with the power. So I will transport all the power from my necklace to you. I insist. There is no way you're going to stop me," Juno said, and knelt down.

The Light Leader smiled, and followed suit. The light from the rose necklace began to swirl and gather up. It swirled around and encircled the Light Leader.

She began to glow, radiating with power. Juno's necklace flashed one more time, then became a regular necklace. She put it back on.

The Light Leader smiled at everyone one last time, and she straightened herself up. She raised her arms up, looking to the sky, and disappeared.

The sun began to set, and the sky filled with glorious colors. Juno looked at me, and she put her arms around my neck.

Our heads drew close, and our lips met as we clung to each other, kissing under the glorious sunset, under the small twinkling stars, the dawn of a new life for all the spirits, a beautiful moment, the soft breeze caressing our backs, as we stood there, embracing each other, a human and a Valkyrie, in love.