Chapter 8: Eric's POV

I ran to my room and grabbed my large leather messenger bag. I mostly used it for work, but there was no time to get a different one.

I threw in a change of clothes, which were from my theater days.

I changed into some other old theater clothes, from a play when I was a thief.

The shirt was life a thieve's shirt and was brown with silver buttons running down it.

The pants were brown, loose, baggy, and went down farther than my knees. I put on some leather boots.

When I put my messenger bag on, I looked like Flynn Rider from Tangled, but I didn't have time to complain.

I walked into the kitchen and put dozens of apples and rolls in the bag, so that it was almost full.

Then I put a Swiss Army knife into my bag. I had enough space for something else, so I ran back to my room and grabbed my two cloaks, also from theater. I put one in my bag and grabbed my spare messenger bag, just as large.

Just then, Juno came into my room, wearing pants that looked like mine, and a shirt that had only one sleeve. As always, she looked gorgeous.

"Those clothes look perfect. Where did you get them?" She asked me. I told her about theater.

"I don't have the proper bag to pack with!" She panicked. I gave her my spare messenger bag and the extra cloak.

"I have plenty of food and there's an extra knife waiting for you in the kitchen. Grab some blankets and a change of clothes, too," I told her. She nodded without a word and left the room.

Once we finished packing, Juno came into my room, her hair pulled back into a ponytail.

"So, how do we get  back to your realm? Not back the way you came, I hope?" I asked her.

"My necklace. Faun said if we hold on to it, then we will be transported back to the Valkyrie realm," she replied.

"Oh. Well let's go, then," I responded, a little excited, but mostly scared. She nodded, then held up her necklace, with a rose charm hanging on it.

Juno closed her eyes, closing her hand over the charm. It began to glow.

Astonished, I leaned in to get a closer look. "Quickly, grab my hand!" Juno yelled.

My hand shot out and closed over her hand. I felt the warmth coming from her hand. My eyes closed as a blinding light flashed through the room.

We began to spin, faster and faster until we started falling through nothing.

Suddenly, we hit the ground hard. The impact made my teeth rattle, and my head slammed against what felt like dirt.

I laid on the ground for a while, waiting for the pain to wear off. After a minute or two, I stood up, taking in my surroundings.

There was a forest near us, with woodland animals roaming around. I saw gardens and old buildings, and then I saw my first Valkyrie besides Juno.

She was beautiful, with hair so blond it was almost white, and sea blue eyes. Her skin was extremely pale and her lips were a fierce red.

I thought she was gorgeous, but I still found Juno more attractive. Suddenly, Juno herself stirred. She sat up, brushed the dirt off of her, and rose to her feet. Juno glared at the Valkyrie.

"Hello, Anda. Long time no see," Juno said, staring daggers at the girl.

"Hi, Juno. I thought you left for good this time. Who's the new man?" Anda asked, winking at me.

"Mine," Juno answered.