Singing Competition

Clary POV

"Ugh! I'm so bored!" Izzy complained.  She was right. We were all bored. It was raining outside and we were all inside the library together.

"I have an idea!" Magnus said suddenly. We all were interested because we were so bored.
"How about a singing competition?" He suggested. Everyone agreed. We decided it would be girls vs boys. Magnus, Izzy and I would be the girls team and Jace, Alec and Simon would be the boys. The rules. The opposite ram has to choose a song for the other team to sing. No objections.

"What song should we choose for the boys to sing?" I asked our team. Izzy and Magnus thought about it for a few minutes.

"Oh! How about 'Sit Still Look Pretty' by Daya?" Izzy asked.
"Perfect!" Magnus and I said in Unison.

Jace POV

Simon, Alec and I were huddled in the corner of the library deciding what song would be perfect for the girls to sing. We were in thought for about 10 minutes before deciding upon 'Believer' by Imagine Dragons. We break from our group to see the girls watching us smirking. We walked up to them.

"What song did you choose for us?" Clary asked me. I smirked and said,
"Believer-Imagine Dragons." She nodded her head.
"We chose Sit Still Look Pretty-Daya for you." She told me. My whole team dropped open their mouthes. That was the girliest song they could've chose. Although we couldn't object to the song choice, I was pretty confident in my team for acing the song. I called Mayrse on my cell and asked her if she could come judge our competition. She told me that she would be about 20 minutes.

Clary POV

Jace called Mayrse to get her to be our judge. She happily obliged and told us she would be about 20 minutes. After he hung up, Jace walked over to me.

"Nervous about our song choice?" He asked. I smirked.
"Not at all." Jokes on them, I am in LOVE With that song and I know all the lyrics, I've made Izzy and Magnus listen to it quite a lot as well, so they know it too.

"Are YOU nervous about our song choice?" I asked Jace.
"In your dreams, Red." I could tell he was lying. He had that type of glint in his eye. Jace sat down on one of the couches and pulled me with him. I sat on his lap, while he dozed off for a little while.

20 minutes later, Mayrse made it back to the Institute. She told us that the boys would go first. Magnus conjured up a stage and three microphones. The boys got up on the stage, took their positions, and the music started.

Could dress up
To get love
But guess what?
I'm never gonna be that girl
Who's living in a Barbie world

Could wake up
And make up
And play dumb
Pretending that I need a boy
Who's gonna treat me like a toy

I know the other girlies wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet that you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty
You get off on your nine to five
Dream of picket fences and trophy wives
But no, I'm never gonna be 'cause I don't wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still look pretty

Mister Right could be nice for one night
But then he wanna take control
And I would rather fly solo

Then Snow White
She did it right
In her life
Had seven men to do the chores
'Cause that's not what a lady's for