Dolore Nimio

Summary: "I am a pure-blood. But why do I feel like I'm the filthiest and lowest of all?" There was just much too pain involved. Draco Malfoy realizes the greatest mistake of his life.

Disclaimer: J. K. Rowling owns everything Harry Potter.

Author's Note: This is also available in Hawthorn & Vine and FF.net.

"The only antidote to emotional suffering is physical pain." - Karl Marx

"Leave me alone!" she yelled and screamed as another contraction hit her. She gripped the chair beside her tightly, gritting her teeth as wave after wave of pain washed over her body. Draco made a move towards her again, concern now etched deeply in his face.

"NOW!" she shouted at him. She hoped with all her might that he had gotten the message now. Why was he still here? What the fuck did he mean by doing that? She should've known that he had a fetish for pain, especially a Granger type of pain. Or maybe a Mudblood type of pain. He had watched her in pain an alarming number of times now, and he was doing it again.

Another wave of pain crashed through her. It was so agonizing that she let out a yell at first, and then sobbed. She could feel the blood dripping between her thighs unto the floor. Her knees jerked and she slowly sat up, clutching her stomach for all the life that was still left in her.

"Hermione..." a familiar voice said overhead. She did not dare look. How dare he do this to her? After everything... After every fucking tear she poured out in the past, after every plea she made just for him to come back, after every heartbreak she went through just for him, for him alone, he still had the guts to confuse her? She knew that it was him kneeling in front of her; the silvery blond hair was not hard to miss... even though everything was blurry and black.

Why, Draco Malfoy, why? she silently wailed inside her mind.

She was sobbing hard when strong and calloused hands wrapped around her elbows. A strong wave of anger washed through her and she pushed those hands away violently, disgust and hurt squirming in her stomach.

She could hear his ragged breathing amidst the screams in her mind. She could feel the concern and fear emanating from him... but of course she didn't care.

"Go away..." she heard a small voice tell him. Surprised, she found out that the voice was hers.

"Call Harry... Ron... St. Mungo's..." she trailed off as a feeling of lethargy spread over her.

Hermione Granger lost consciousness at that moment.

~oOo~

Four months later...

She stared down at her baby and smiled.

A flash tore her from her reverie and she looked in front, startled. Harry put down the camera and grinned at her. She smiled back, warmth spreading in her body.

It was indeed a very beautiful day.

When she pulled Sofia to her lap, a couple occupying the table nearby caught her eye. One of the couple, a pale man with a pointed chin, had silvery blond hair that reflected the light, and she had to cover her eyes from the glare.

The man moved and she dropped her hand slowly. She looked at the man carefully. It was Draco Malfoy. He had a woman with him, dark-haired and slender. She furrowed her brows at the sight. Well, Malfoy did grow up. He wasn't as scrawny as before, but still pointed as ever.

Harry followed her gaze and furrowed his brows. Hermione saw his face at the corner of her eye and glanced at him, giving him a curious look.

Before anyone of them could say anything, a familiar voice called out to them.