Chapter 11

Note: I'm so sorry for the long wait. Like I said earlier I don't really have an excuse as to why I haven't uploaded apart from the fact that I just haven't been on my computer. To make up for it here is this week's and last week's uploads =) So I hope you enjoy them and please comment to let me know what you all think. I have to say that these chapters I'm uploading now have to be some of my favourite ones from this story and I hope that you like reading them my lovelies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I was awake before all of the other demons and I had a horrible hangover. When I said that we knew how to party in the Underworld I was telling the truth. After the first two hours I'd lost count of how much alcohol both Josey and I had consumed, although the other demons had been able to handle their alcohol easily, and I was positive some of them had drunk more than us.

I breathed deeply and slowly as I felt the cushions beneath my bare legs. Thoughts belonging to my witch half swirled in my head telling me that today was going to be horrible but I tried my best to push them away. It worked and after a few seconds my mind was blank again allowing me to feel calmer and more at ease with the world and what I would be doing up until the battle with Wyatt. I knew I had to create allies that would help me to achieve what I needed to achieve.

Another deep breath filled my lungs at the same time that I heard movement from in my chambers. The soft tap of doors as my closet was opened and the rustling of clothes. I vaguely knew that Josey was here getting my clothes out for today as well as getting dressed herself since she hung out here more than she did her own quarters which were just down the tunnel from mine.

Slowly I felt myself gain awareness until my breathing picked up speed and I was opening my eyes. Incense spiralled around me, smelling sweet and making my head go fuzzy but I stood up and blew out the candles. The fuzziness receded and I found that I could think more clearly.

"Morning Lila" Josey said cheerily. I frowned at her as I flopped on my bed.

"How can you be so chipper? I've got a massive hangover" I complained and she smiled at me before offering me two small, pink pills.

"These help immensely" she explained and I nodded gratefully before taking them off her and swallowing them dry.

"Are you ready for today?" she asked me and I nodded slowly.

I wasn't as ready as what I wished I was but I knew that if I didn't do this today then I never would, which meant that I would never be accepted in the Underworld. I'd gone over my plan all night until now I knew it off by heart and was confident that it would work easily.

"I think so. Am I still doing it by myself?" I asked and Josey nodded.

"Yes unless you've changed your mind and want some of us to come with you. You never know what the Charmed Ones will do Lila. You should know as well as anyone what they are like when it comes to their charges, especially Wyatt" she said and I nodded.

"I know, don't worry so much Josey everything will work out in the end" I said to her, but mostly to calm my fears than hers. She nodded anyway and we both jumped as screams erupted from one of the cells on this level. I sighed and shook my head.

"I hope they can keep her under control" I announced and Josey looked at me startled. She motioned me up and over to the dressing table so that she would be able to do my hair and make-up.

"What do you mean?" she questioned and I smiled at her as she looked at me in the mirror before picking up a brush and brushing my hair. I shrugged.