"You know, we could just, like, cook pancakes or something? Something we all know exists?" I teased, making Landon roll his eyes with a pearly smile.

"Agreed. Completely," Bren said, hopping off of the island.

"I third," Zayn said, holding a finger up.

"All of you are afraid to try new things, I guess, so I'll take one for the team and deal with pancakes."

Afraid to try new things.

He had no idea how not afraid I was of trying new things.

I plastered on a fake smile with the three of them and lifted my eyebrows.

"Okay, let's get cooking!" Zayn yelled, pulling out a pan.

That led us into a day full of relaxation, friends, and beginning to forget.

~*~

Santiago

"Right," I said, holding my pen up to my lips. I listened to the in depth explanation one of the men across from me was giving.

My phone continued to vibrate and I continued to get more agitated. Who could it possibly be? Was it that serious?

It might be something with the boys.

I pulled my phone out as quick as I could blink, only to see Alessandra's contact name covering my lock screen.

[From: Alessandra]
iMessage (27)

"Excuse me, but I need to look at this. It'll only take a second," I said, sliding my thumb across the screen.

I was met with 27 pictures of Alessandra. In the mirror, selfies, any other way she could snap a photo.

I let out an angry sigh and tried my hardest not to slam my phone down on the table.

"Is everything alright, Mr. King?"

I looked up from my phone and nodded. "Yes. Everything's perfect."

The man across from me smiled and looked back down at his folder.

My phone began buzzing again and I flexed my jaw.

"Excuse me, I have to take this."

I excused myself from the meeting room and dialed Alessandra's number, pulling my phone to my ear.

"Hi, Papí," she greeted, and I closed my eyes in order to keep my cool.

"Alessandra, I'm in a meeting."

"I know," she stated, "I thought those would help de-stress, or make the meeting go smoother for you."

"Well they didn't, I'm constantly having to pick up my phone and I had to call you."

I wasn't intentionally being brash, but I was aggravated.

"So my body doesn't do the trick for you anymore?" She asked, and I just let out an angry sigh.

"Alessandra, I seriously don't have time for this right now."

"Okay, we can finish tonight at home."

I let out a curse in my head.

"Okay, Alessandra, whatever. I have to get back to my meeting now, please stop sending me pictures."

"You're just afraid someone else is going to see them."

I hung up and barged in the meeting room, taking my seat again.

"Now, where were we?"

~*~

a long awaited chapter - sorry loves :)

comment if u want the next update supa soon! bc i want it supa soon!!

also this is hella off topic but i (rhee) want to know some of yall's fave singers/bands. lemme knoooow!!!