Shoyo Hinata x Reader: Lucky

He's a ball of sunshine and he deserves better grades too lol. Well I hope this isn't too short (lol like him) but this was kind of spontaneous after a long time of not updating this collection. Enjoy!

You willed your legs to pedal harder, the trees on the side of the road becoming blurry with how fast you were going on your bicycle. Your favorite hill was coming up soon, it was hard to climb up, but once you reached the top it had the best view of your town. Plus you could go super fast downhill.

You could even see your school, Karasuno High, from there if you squinted. Here I go right to the top!  you thought giddily, your legs burning from exhaustion, but your mind was set on getting to the top...

"W-WOAH DON'T HIT ME!!" someone screamed and you slammed on your emergency brakes. Your eyes focused, and you saw a short guy with bright orange hair, holding his hands in the air as if he was surrendering. Your mind raced. How had you not seen them?

You were lurched forward violently, your black backpack slamming against you, and your head spun. What the hell?? you thought groggily as you tried to compose yourself. You had hit your brakes just in time too, you were only a few feet away from the poor guy.

"J-Jeez t-that w-was c-c-close..." the boy said, his knees wobbling a little bit. He was wearing athletic shorts, and red and white sneakers. He must've been running along the road. And you almost injured him!

"I'm so sorry! I'm usually so careful--I just--are you ok?" you asked him frantically, getting off your bike. Like him, your knees were wobbling and your hands felt clammy too. You were very close to bursting into tears, you felt so bad.

But to your surprise, the boy just started smiling at you. You gaped at him dumbly. Why would he smile at you like that? This was a serious situation!

"I'm fine, really. I've experienced closer brushes with death before." he said his eyes darkening for a second.

"W-what do you mean?"

"There's a lot of scary guys on my volleyball team. Especially Kageyama. I think I've actually lost my ability to feel scared about anything else now." he confessed to you. You gulped and wondered what type of cruel life this poor boy led. You knew some second years on the volleyball team, and they seemed kind of loud and rowdy.

You wanted to make him feel better. Instead you just said, "That's good!" and you awkwardly tried to get back on your bike. You were at a loss for words, so the best option right now was to just leave right? 

Before you could get on your bike however, you felt a small tug at your arms. You looked at the boy, his brown eyes were wide and shining, and you felt like you were staring at the sun itself. His stare was too intense...

"Wait, I don't even know your name. No one will believe me if I tell them this happened so--"

"It's y/n l/n." you stated without hesitation. "I guess since I almost snuffed you out I should know your name too."

He smiled and said, "It's Shoyo Hinata. Thanks for not snuffing me out by the way!"

You laughed and got on your bike, in one swift motion. "Well, see you around Hinata. I promise to be more careful!"

 You biked up the last portion of the hill, stopping at the top to wave goodbye to him, before speeding down the road.

...

"I can't believe I have to read fifty pages by Wednesday! It's just not fair!" you complained to your friend, as you plopped down in your seat. Monday had barely started and English class had already kicked your butt.