Asahi Azumane x Reader: Dinner

He's my personal fave cause he's a big dude, but a total sweetheart. The reader will be a third year just like him. Enjoy!

The sound of the late bell chimed through the school and you picked up your pace until you were nearly sprinting to your classroom. You hadn't been late this entire year, but last night you just happened to set your alarm wrong, and now you were in this embarrassing situation.

As the bell tolled one last time, you burst through the door of your classroom loudly. Your classmate's eyes all trained on you, as you walked quickly to your seat.

You teacher cleared his throat, and kept taking attendance like normal, saving you from further embarrassment. As soon as the lecture began, you immediately began to write the best notes that you could to get on his good side again.

...

"Hey y/n, is everything alright? You're never late to class." Asahi remarked, as he turned towards you. His seat was right next to yours, so you two talked often, especially during lunch. Everyone else seemed to be too scared to talk to him, but you didn't really know why.

"I just messed up my alarm is all. No big deal." you said, cupping your face in your hands, and resting your elbows on your cold desk. You eyed your lunch's contents trying to decide what to eat first. "It was just really embarrassing having to run around the school and stuff. Well, you probably wouldn't care about running right? Since you're on the volleyball team." you continued, as you snacked on some crackers.

"Yeah, we have to run laps every time we lose to another team. So, I've had to run a lot..." Asahi replied, rubbing the back of his neck, and hanging his head in what could only be described as shame. Seeing him get embarrassed made you feel a little better though. As terrible as that sounds.

You laughed softly, and remarked, "But you're the ace of the team, so I'm sure you can handle it. Even if you are a real softie at heart."

He rubbed the back of his neck, not quite believing that your words were true. Despite his outer thuggish appearance, Asahi was one of the nicest people you had ever known. And honestly, you didn't even think he looked that scary...as long as he kept his hair up in a bun of course.

"Hey y/n, after school did you want to study for the test with me? You always get higher grades than me...what's your secret?"

"I...fake it. All the time. Most of my responses are just guesses, I don't even know how I'm passing." you told him jokingly, and he started to look concerned.

"That's not good y/n. But if that's you're strategy then I guess--"

"Dude no! I work my ass off so I will definitely help you study. This class is really hard." you replied and he gazed at you for a second before smiling a little bit.

"Great!"

...

After the school day ended, you and Asahi decided to go study at the library. That lasted an entire two hours, before Asahi really insisted on taking a well deserved break. You agreed for some reason, and that was how you got into the situation you were in now.

You. Asahi. Having dinner together. In a rather nice restaurant. A little too nice actually.

"A-Asahi, I feel a little under-dressed...I'm still in my school uniform." you said, picking and your thin beige sweater with one hand. Asahi looked up from his menu, and scrunched his nose a little bit.

"You look great y/n." he said coolly. Your mouth nearly fell open at his sudden compliment and you looked away, suddenly finding it difficult to make eye contact with him. How could he just say that with a straight face? You thought he was too anxious to say things like that. 

"U-Um, thank you." you muttered, looking down at your legs.

"I-I-I mean...I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable! I just wanted you to--um--be happy that we're here...I'm sorry if I overstepped any boundaries." Asahi suddenly blurted out, and you looked over at him.

His cool facade that he had on when he complimented you was gone. His face was completely red, and even the tips of his ears had a bright red tint to them. His brown eyes were blown wide open, and you could almost feel the second-hand embarrassment start to affect you.

"It's fine. Really--it's--I mean you look good too...um, let's just order alright?"

"G-Good idea." he replied awkwardly, his face still slightly red as he rubbed the back of his neck as if he was sore.

You ordered the cheapest thing on the menu (in order to save what little money you had) which was a sort of stir fry dish. When it got to the table, you were disappointed to see that it consisted of mostly vegetables, so it didn't look like a lot of food at all. Asahi on the other hand, ordered a huge combination plate of meat and other things. There was shrimp, pork, beef, tofu, and a heap of noodles all placed strategically on his plate.

"Wow. That's...a lot." you commented, looking down at your sad plate of vegetables. You poked around and frowned thinking that maybe you should have splurged too. Noticing your sadness, Asahi leaned over and with one swift motion, he deposited nearly half of his food onto your plate.

"Here you can have that, it's too much food anyway." he said with a tiny grin. Your eyes widened and your stomach nearly growled on cue at the thought of eating all that delicious looking food.

"Well, then I can give you some vegetables too. You don't have enough greens on your plate." you said, smiling back at him and scraping some broccoli, carrots, and cabbage onto his dish. He rubbed his hands together, thanking you, and finally gobbling down the now balanced meal.

He's like a huge bear with a heart of gold...I probably shouldn't tell him that though. This is awfully fun though... 

You began to eat too, wondering if having dinner with Asahi should become a routine from now on.