Eighteen

Saint paced back and forth in his living room, staring out the window as the rain fell

Saint paced back and forth in his living room, staring out the window as the rain fell. What QJ said the other day, really had wondering if Tony wasn't behind all of this. He wanted to share his suspicions with his siblings, but he already knew that Twan would immediately become defensive over his partner, and Santana would lash out because that was her man.

"What the fuck am I gon do?" He thought to himself. A lightbulb then went off in his head, and as much as he didn't want to call or deal with this particular person, he had to for the sake of protecting his brother and sister. Taking a deep breath, he dialed the number and put the phone on speaker.

"Hello?"

"I need your help." He said, into the phone.

*

Since Twan returned Christina home safely, he and Yolanda have barely taken their eyes off of her since she's been back home

Since Twan returned Christina home safely, he and Yolanda have barely taken their eyes off of her since she's been back home. Christina didn't mind though. She was up under both of her parents  24/7 and she never wanted to leave their side.

"What do you want for dinner tonight, Chrissy? Anything you want." Yolanda said.

"Fried chicken and macaroni!" She said, looking up from her coloring book. "Can auntie Tana, uncle Saint, and QJ come over for dinner? Please, please, please!"

"I don't see why not. Go ask your dad to call and invite them all over." Christina jumped up and ran into the bedroom where Twan was.

"Daddy! Can you call auntie Tana, uncle Saint, and QJ over for dinner? Mommy said they could come. Please!" Twan smirked at how cute his daughter looked, especially when she poked her bottom lip out while looking up at him with those beautiful big, brown eyes. He always found it impossible to say no to her.

"Of course baby. I'm not sure if QJ can come, but I know your auntie and uncle will." Christina cheered and ran out of the room, leaving Twan along to call his siblings.

*

Santana stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around her naked body before she leaned over the tub to squeeze the water out of her hair

Santana stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around her naked body before she leaned over the tub to squeeze the water out of her hair. Since returning home, she couldn't get QJ out of her mind and it was starting to annoy her. No matter how hard she tried to push him into the back of her mind, he would keep popping up like an unwanted zit. Walking into the bedroom, she grabbed her phone off the dresser and speak of the devil...she had a text message from QJ

QJ: For some reason, I can't stop thinking about you.

Santana smiled as she sat down on the edge of her bed and responded to his text messages.

Santana: You miss me don't ya?

QJ: Yeah I do, actually. When can I see you again?

Before Santana could respond to the text, she had an incoming call from Twan.

"Hey Twany." She answered.

"Hey sis. You busy tonight?" He asked.

"Not at all. Why what's up?"

"Christina wants you and Saint to come over for dinner tonight. Saint already said he'd be here, so that leaves you." He told her.

"Well who can say no to that bundle of cuteness? Tell her I'll be there." She said.

"Cool. She also wanted QJ to come, but I don't know if that's a good idea."

"Why not?" She asked.

"Well for one, his dad is Quincy and I don't trust him. And for two, he's pretty much our step brother since his dad married our mother and I don't trust him." Santana scrunched up her face and faked gagged. She never really put two and two together, but thanks to Twan, the visual was now stuck in the back of her mind.

"Understandable, but he's nothing like Quincy. He's sweet, caring, compassionate, and he saved Christina and me. I believe he is a good guy." She said.

"I guess you're right." He murmured.

"I am, and tell my little Chrissy poo that I will make sure that QJ comes to dinner."

"How you gon do that?"

"Text him, Twany. Duh. He gave me his number right before you guys pulled up the other day." She told him.

"Oh yeah? That's what's up then. Make it happen and I'll see you tonight. Seven O'clock sharp."

"See you at seven." She said, hanging up. She then went back to her messages and sent QJ a text

Santana: Tonight maybe? Christina wants us to come over for tonight, and when I say "us" I mean you, me, and my brother. She asked for us, you included.

QJ: Well damn. How can I say no to that?

Santana: You can't lol.

QJ: Lol true. Is your boyfriend gonna be there?

Santana: Probably not. He has to work the late shift tonight.

QJ: Aw okay. Well send me the time and place and I'll be there.

Santana: 146 Abington Road. 7pm Sharp.

QJ: Cool. I'll see you soon beautiful.

Santana: Can't wait :)

Santana couldn't help the stupid grin plastered on her face as she laid back on her bed and sighed. She hated how happy she was, better yet, she hated how someone other than Tony was making her happy. Picking her phone back up, she dialed Tony's number and put the phone on speaker.

"Hey beautiful." He answered.

"Hey handsome. How's work going?" She asked.

"Slow as hell. I got a shitload of paper work to do though so I'm gonna be pretty busy."

"Oh well I don't want to distract you. I was just calling to check in." She said.

"I needed to hear your voice anyways. I miss you."

"I miss you too." She smiled.

"What are you gonna be up to tonight?" He asked her.

"Twan just called and invited me and Saint over for dinner. He said Christina wanted us to have dinner with her tonight so that's where I'll be." She said, leaving out the part that QJ was coming over.

"Good. I didn't want you home alone while I'm at work anyways. And I'm glad to see you and your siblings reconnecting." He said.

"I know right. I'm still in shock that Saint and Twan haven't killed each other yet." Tony chuckled.

"Right. And I know how much of a handful Saint can be, but he's a good guy. When he wants to be anyways."

"Yeah he's a teddy bear once you get to know him better, but I won't keep you babe. Get back to work and I'll see you in the morning." She said.

"Okay baby. I love you." He said.

"I love you too."