Ch.13 - Conflict

A/N: So Mad!!!! I finished this chapter like a day ago and I guess it didn't save so I lost more than half of it and I was almost done!!!!!! Ugh! Sorry for the late update! --- Also the adrenaline that Mira gets takes away her pain so she ends up acting normal in a way until it wears off. Still mad that the original chapter didn't save though.... I also keep forgetting that Mira is the height of a Dwarf... Oh well

--

I hold back a whimper and place a paw over my snout, trying to calm down. The chains tighten around my limbs as I try to move but being near Thorin, is too much. He's out of my line of sight but we're still stuck in the cell and me being in my wolf form, it's pretty cramped. I wonder what he's thinking about. He hasn't spoken since... My heart tightens at the thought and I let my exhausted body go limp. What am I supposed to do now?

Soft footsteps near our cell and sets of keys jingle as they walk. The bars creak upon being open and the new presence clears their throat. I slowly turn my head and stare at one of the guards, glaring at Thorin and turning to me nervously. Tauriel comes up behind him, to my surprise and eyes us suspiciously before quickly nodding. Thorin steps closer but she immediately draws her weapon, pointing it at his throat. There is no protective pull this time but I silently whimper, still trying to make him back off. He glances at me for a second then finally retreats back to the wall, arms crossed. Tauriel approaches cautiously, keys in hand and kneels while taking hold of my large paws. I grunt at the contact but the shackles are soon removed, allowing me to get up slowly. I shake my body in satisfaction to rid the layer of dirt coating me and stare at her in question.

"I will lead you to your chambers." Hearing the Elvish tongue makes me flinch slightly but I nod, doing my best to ignore Thorin's stare and follow them out of the cell. The bars close once I exit and the sound bounces off the walls, taunting me.

A few hushed whispers catch my attention as I trail behind and I lower my head in shame. They're all judging me again aren't they? Just like the beginning. They definitely heard our leaders recent outburst, he was practically roaring with hatred. I bet they're not too happy about my parentage either. But do they know the truth about my mom? No. They would be having a different reaction if that were the case. We walk down a long stairway, getting farther away from the Dwarves but each step, proceeds to increase the ache in my body. There isn't really a way to describe it. The only thing I can say, is that those long years of torture from Azog, could never compare to this.

"I will take it from here." Tauriel turns toward the guard, giving him a stern yet threatening gaze. He nods and swiftly moves to the opposite direction, going down a set of stairs. I keep my head down, not wanting to see the emotion in her stare and wait for us to continue. "Come. We must clean you up." Her voice is gentle, just like I remember but I can't help but feel she pities me.

Something dark stirs in my stomach, making me want to hurl it out due to the anguish. It eats at my stomach and leads up to the rest of my body, sending painful sensations. Not again. Things become blurry for a moment and my body stumbles to the side, leaning against the wall. I let out a shaky breath, close to losing myself completely.

"What has happened to you?" Tauriel gasps and kneels down to my level, searching my eyes for an answer. I whimper and pull out of her grasp roughly, almost falling again, "should I go get your brother?"

I shake my head with a huff, shutting my eyes and trying to recover. If he sees me like this then he'll go straight for Thorin. True, this is his fault but he didn't know this would happen. Although... Some of the Dwarves do know what I'm currently going through. That's if they were actually paying attention during that discussion in Rivendell. Another hand touches my side and I freeze, staring at Tauriel who is a few feet away from me. She does not react and simply stands, straightening out her clothing and proceeding down the corridor. The touch is soft and familiar but my senses are too dulled to catch a scent. My head gazes to the side towards the stranger but I find nothing there, a simple wall. Is this just me hallucinating? I shiver when their contact rushes up to my ears and they scratch it softly. A calm, determined voice comes from the shadows and I wish I could feel something upon knowing he's alright.