Chapter 23: Accepted and Alone

Emory's P.O.V

Today's the day.

Graduation day.

Shor and I are going to together so he'll be here soon he's gotten ready early and come over because he wants to watch me get ready for graduation.

So I haven't started getting ready yet.

Knock knock

I run down stairs open the door and Shor come in in a black button up dress shirt with black dress pants and a black tie his normally disheveled hair slicked back and he is looking fine.

"You look amazing" I say to Shor.

"You too" he says "I especially love the bunny slippers" I hit him playfully and run up stairs and he runs after me and tackles me into my bed. And tickles me.

"Shor let me go" I laugh "I need to get ready" I laugh more.

He finally gets off and allows me to go.

I go jump in the shower wash and my hair then I jump out dry it and apply makeup before heading straight to my cupboard I put my dress and my heels on.

As I turn to exit my cupboard Shor walks into the doorway holding a piece of paper

As I turn to exit my cupboard Shor walks into the doorway holding a piece of paper. Before my brain can register what it is he asks in an accusing tone "you care to explain what this is Emory?"

I finally register what it is. It's my letter from UI the one I'd thrown in the trash.

"You went through my trash?"

"Even though that's not the point at all, no I was looking at the photo of us on your desk and looked down. The words, you've been accepted to the university of Iowa, caught my eye. Care to explain why you told me they rejected you?"

"I couldn't lose you... not again" I sob knowing I'll later have to redo my makeup, but at this moment not caring.

"Seriously Emory I thought we already went through this. Do you honestly still not trust me?!" He says raising his voice in annoyance and turning away.

"God Shor of course I do" I say pulling him around and grabbing his face so he's looking at me. "It's not you I don't trust. You don't see the way other girls look at you. And girls couldn't care less about a cute boy having a girlfriend somewhere halfway across the country I mean seriously Shor don't be so nieve." I say back at a tone just under yelling.

"Emory I know you have trust issues I know I caused a lot of them and I'm sorry for that but I refuse to let you give up your life's dream to follow me to some second place school."

"I can't Shor I can't go everyday not knowing what you're doing or who you're with. I'd text you 24/7 I wouldn't be able to focus on my studies or my lectures or anything. And you wouldn't enjoy anything because you'd be spending every minute defusing em the ticking time bomb. With me and my psycho controlling and you trying to study it would only be a matter of time. That's why I'm going to FSU." I explain to the best of my abilities through sobs.