Chapter 24: Leaving and Loving

Emorys P.O.V

Today's the day

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Today's the day. The day.

The day I leave on a plane for Iowa. The day I leave for my dream school since I was 7. The day I leave mum and dad. The day I leave rose. The day I leave penny. The day I leave behind Marino high.

The day I leave Shor.

I've packed up my bags and everything else from my room has already been put in boxes and put in the moving truck.

As I stand in my doorway and look into my completely empty room a wave of sadness washes over me. This has been happening a lot since I knew I was going to Iowa and not Florida. It's like every time I look at something I look as though it might be the last. I wipe my face and feel crusted tears. Penny left earlier today and the airport was flooded with emotions and tears.

"Emy it's time to go" I hear Rose yell from down stairs.

"Goodbye old friend, I'll see you next time" I say to my room as I close the door behind me. It felt very symbolic as if closing the door on my high school life. Closing the door on what I once had. Closing the door on my childhood and I felt a single tear escape my eye.

I walk down the stairs my dad had already put my bags in the car so I take my time walking down the stair dragging my hand along the rail, looking at the photos on the wall as I do. I know I'll be coming back for the holidays and what not but when I come back it won't be the same. This won't be my house. I won't live here. I'll be staying on a mattress in my room. It won't be my room. So I'm taking it all in. Every last feeling. Memory. Moment. Spent in this house over my life.

And finally I reach the bottom I look to Rose hopefully.

"He isn't here" she states.

He knew this was when I had to leave he knew this would be our last goodbye.

"He promised." I whisper feeling another tear roll down my eye.

"Maybe he realised it would be too hard, I'm so sorry Emy" Rose says "but you have so much to look forward to. You are going to be this years freshmen author from UI" we walk towards the car.

"That's if I'm good enough"

Rose hits me as we sit in the back with mum and dad in the front. "You're good enough"

"Mum can we wait 5 more minutes" I say still hoping Shor will show up.

"Honey if we wait any longer you'll miss your flight" mum explains giving my a sympathetic look.

"Okay lets go" I say trying to put on a smile. More for them then for me.

~

It all went so fast after that we checked in, went through security, ate, waited and before you know it they were calling my flight.

"Well that's me" I say standing up

"We're so excited for you sweetheart, work hard, try your best and know that what ever happens we're proud of you" mum says and her and dad give me a huge hug.

Rose pulls me into a hug and whispers "He's not worth it, you're going to have the best time, you're going to write amazing stories and get them published and you're going to do everything you ever wanted and he's going to miss it all and that's his fault, so keep your chin up and don't miss me too much" I hug her tighter for the last 5 seconds before we let go.

"Goodbye guys" I say waving as I walk towards my gate.

I really thought he would've come. I really didn't think he could let me leave without saying goodbye. I really thought he loved me enough to at least say goodby..

"EMORY WAIT!!" I hear someone yell.

I turn to see a mass of blonde hair running toward me. I know exactly who it is and I through myself into his arms.

"I wasn't sure you were going to show up" I sob into his shoulder.

"If I'm being honest neither was I, I thought it would be too hard to let you go, I thought if I came I was going to have to ask you to stay. But I know now the meaning of the quote if you love them let them go" he explains "but I have this for you," he hands me a package and an envelope "now unlike most presents I want you to open the card last but you have to promise me one thing"

"Anything"

"You can't open either of them until your flight has taken off"

"Sure"

"Mallory" he smirks "I love you Emory Maya James and I will for as long as I live and all I could ever want in this world is for you to be happy so go, be happy and if your happiness leads you back to me then great if it doesn't I'll still be okay as long as you're happy" he hugs me again.

"I love you so fucking much, Thankyou for showing me the colour in the world" I smash my lips into his and kiss him as if I'm suffocating and he's oxygen.

The kiss parts and even though I wish it never had

"Go or you'll miss you flight" Shor says pushing me towards my gate a few tears falling from his eyes.

"Goodbye Mallory" I say walking towards my gate.

"Goodbye James"

"Give Into Your Darkside"जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें