Chapter 1

August 12th 2014

It was the first show of the tour, and Cece was quite literally a ball of anxiety. Anything that could go wrong she played through her head. She didn't know why she was so anxious about performing today, but she did know one thing. She has to get up there one way or another.

As she was tapping her foot, as an anxious tick, her husband gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. She smiles, as Pete slings his bass over his shoulder. Then the band went onstage together.

---

"Where is my damn shirt?!" Brendon yells in frustration.

"Told you guys he would lose it." Kat rolls her eyes.

"We have only been here for a half hour, and you're already losing shit." Erica says to him, turning to him from her spot on the couch. That's when they all hear the sound of Fall Out Boy starting up their set.

"He's always losing stuff." Dallon adds.

"I don't always lose stuff." Brendon insists, as Kat and his sister steps in.

"Dude you lose your glasses like every other day." Kat says.

"You literally lost your I.D. last week." Erica sighs.

"Point taken." He says, as Zack opens the door.

"How close are you guys to being ready?" He asks, as Erica looks over.

"Brendon lost his shirt. Again." She says.

"Look what I found." Kat chuckles pulling out Brendon's shirt from the couch.

"You guys have an hour." Zack says, closing the door.

"Well, at least you found it this time. You haven't been so lucky other times." Kenny says, looking over.

"Not like he keeps it on the whole time anyway."

"Always have to start out the concert with it, that's how it goes." Brendon says, putting the shirt on.

"Wow so particular."

"You have to go onstage for Just One Yesterday, right?" Brendon asks his sister, changing the subject.

"Last song of the set." She says, as he nods.

"Yup, about three whole minutes of onstage sexual tension." Kat says, as Dallon, Brendon, and Kenny started laughing.

"We are just friends." Erica says, rolling her eyes.

"That's what Patrick and I said for awhile. We're married now."

"Don't make me come over there." Erica says, pointing a finger at Kat as she puts her hands up in defense.

"Okay, I'm going to go ahead and stop this now." Brendon says.

"I was just stating facts here, your sister was being the violent one."

"Do I have to act like my parents in this situation?" Brendon says. "I said stop."

"Okay, okay." Kat says. "Let's go watch the boys play."

They all then went out, hearing the being of "Alone Together" start. Kat was carefully watching Cece, she could see the anxiety pouring out of her. You could hear it in her voice too. Although she managed to keep a note, you could tell she was trying to keep it that way.

Near the end of the song she just stopped singing, there was a look of pure horror and fear on her face. She forgot the lyrics.

Patrick then picked it up for her, as soon as he realized what happened.

"My heart is like a stallion, they love it more when it's broken." Patrick sang as Cece took a breath. The song soon ended and Cece felt completely horrified, she never forgets lyrics, if anything she remembers lyrics more than her brother.

"Do you need a second?" Patrick whispers to his sister, covering the microphone. She just nodded, she was embarrassed and ashamed.

Pete then got the message, speaking to the crowd with an other elaborate speech. She closed her eyes, trying to calm down and not have an anxiety attack in front of fans.

Breathing in and out, she managed to steady her breathing. Next up she had to sing "Death Valley."

Remember the lyrics, don't screw this up

Cece thought to herself. She managed to redeem herself, though. Hitting the notes perfectly. But it was a hollow victory. The set went well, but it didn't make her feel any better.