The Curse of the Black Spot (pt 3)

Почніть із самого початку

"The distress call," Amy noticed.

The Doctor kept walking. "Uh-huh..."

"There was a second ship here all the time..." Amy noticed again.

The Siren's call followed the distress signal. "And the Siren is on board." The Doctor pressed a button on the wall, and a door slid open abruptly, revealing a strange skeleton on the other side that made us all flinch back.

Avery pulled out his gun again, but the Doctor pushed it away. "Dead."

888

We entered another room, filled with platforms floating at different levels with people resting on them, wires attached. It wasn't long before we realized it was people from the crew-- including Toby, the TARDIS, and Rory.

"We have to get them out of here!" Avery declared.

"Wait!" The Doctor scanned Toby. "His fever is gone."

He came over to where Amy and I stood, with Rory.

Amy caressed his face gently. "He looks so well..."

"She's keeping him alive. His brain is still active but all its cellular activity is suspended." The Doctor turned over Rory's palm, showing the spot. "It's not a curse, it's a tissue sample." The Doctor showed a disc he snatched from earlier, proving that the sample of his skin was in it. "Why get samples of people you're about to kill?"

"Because you're not about to kill them." I suggested.

The Siren's voice echoed again. "She's coming."

We all scrambled to hide behind a piece of machinery at the side of the room, watching as the Siren approached Rory. He panicked at first, but the more she sang, the more he calmed down.

"Anaesthetic." The Doctor whispered.

"What?" Avery asked, probably never having heard that word in his life.

"The music. The song. So she anaesthetises people and then puts their bodies in stasis." The Doctor explained.

This explanation made no sense to Avery. So as the Siren reach down to Toby, Avery jumped out from the hiding space, and fired a bullet.

The Siren screeched, turning red again-- her eyes burning fire as she tried approaching any one of us. We all scrambled, but when the Doctor sneezed, she came for him, with a stretch of flames between her hands.

"Whoa. Fire! That's new. What does fire do? Burn? Yes. Destroy? What else? Sterilise! I sneezed. I've brought germs in." The Doctor took out a cloth from inside his jacket, and blew his nose on it, throwing it away from him. She shot her flames at the cloth, destroying it and all the germs that were on it.

"Amy, get away from Rory. She's not a killer, she's a doctor!" I rushed to explain.

Amy took a step away from Rory, and the Siren went back to her calm, normal green at my revelation.

"Of course!" The Doctor approached us. "This is an automated sick bay. It's teleporting everyone on board. The crew are dead and so the sick bay has had nothing to do. It's been looking after humanity whilst it's been idle. Look at her. A virtual doctor! Able to sterilise a whole room."

"Able to burn your face off!" Amy felt offended.

"She's just an interface. Seeped through the join between the planes. Broadcast in our world. Protean circuitry means she can change her form And become a human doctor for humans. Oh, sister, you are good!" The Doctor grinned, as if she understood him.