The Curse of the Black Spot (pt 3)

Start from the beginning

"No, I don't, which is why I'm not letting you go!"

"That's so. Mean!" I was surely crying now, although I could barely tell with all the rain falling on my face. I did everything I could to try and get him off of me— I stomped on his feet, I kicked, and I jerked my shoulders and neck back repeatedly. I was getting exhausted, and I knew I probably hurt him-- but he wouldn't move.

All I wanted was for him to move. All I wanted was for the Siren to take me.

"Just let her go like Rory! You said the Siren could save him, she can save her too!" I heard Amy shout from somewhere behind me, but I didn't care to look back. The only thing I cared to look at was the Siren.

"It might know what to do with a human, but it won't know what to do with a Time Lord!" The Doctor explained, out of breath. "Get the lid and cover the barrel!"

Avery did as he said, and the Siren left.

"Doctor, I think we all have to go!" Amy shouted. "If we want to see them again, we should let her take us!"

"Aye!" Avery agreed.

"Please," I breathed, exhausted, kneeling down by the barrel-- the portal to the Siren.

Everyone else knelt around me.

"You're probably right," The Doctor agreed reluctantly. "Maybe."

Amy pulled me towards her to get my attention. "Nova, you tell him!"

With some effort, I swayed myself the opposite way, crashing into the Doctor. "Please...?" I mumbled into his chest, not being able to hold myself up anymore. I had almost forgot that fighting the Doctor before was what made me exhausted. My mind completely consumed by her, there was no space for any other thoughts.

He gulped. "We'll all prick our fingers, all agreed?"

"Aye," Avery confirmed.

"Aye!" Amy joined in.

"Aye!" The Doctor pricked all their fingers with a small nail.

The spots appeared, and the siren came.

888

"Where are we?" Amy asked.

"What happened?" I followed, standing up.

"We got taken by the Siren, and we haven't moved. We're in exactly the same place as before," The Doctor explained.

When we all stood, we realized that we were looking out a window-- a window that showed the pirate ship we were just on.

"We're on a ghost ship," Avery tried.

"No, it's real. Space ship trapped in a temporal rift." The Doctor explained again.

"How can two ships be in the same place?" Avery asked.

"Like two different universes within each other," I tried this time.

"All the reflections have suddenly become gateways," the Doctor continued.

He picked up a scrap of metal, and tossed it at the window. Although the window appeared to be glass, it slipped right through and landed on the pirate ship on the other side. "Ever look in the mirror and think you're seeing a whole other world? Well this time, it's not an illusion."

A low beeping resonated around. "That's the signal we were following," I remembered. "Or trying to follow."

"Yes." The Doctor confirmed in a low whisper, as we followed him up some stairs.