"Well I think those are very helpful qualities," said Mirabelle, "We could definitely use someone like you around."

"I don't think so," Arthur said. Mirabelle gave him a strange look and Arthur hurriedly continued "I mean it would be harder to travel with more people."

"Well that's true but Braden can come along. He can fly so it won't be a problem for transportation." Mirabelle continued. "Besides he might be able to help us find my father with those abilities he has, being a vampire and all."

"Yeah I can be very helpful, I do have a super sense of smell so I could help Mirabelle with finding her father."

"If Braden could help me find my father I want him to come, I need him to come. Okay?"

"Fine." Arthur agreed reluctantly. "But how do you know about going on a quest to find Mirabelle's father?"

"I just over heard you guys talking about it with your mind speech in the cave last night." Braden said stumbling over his words.

"Thanks?' Mirabelle said questioningly, "Maybe we should get going."

"Yeah good idea," Arthur said seeming happy to finally get going. Mirabelle and Arthur got on their horses while Braden took to the skies flying just above the tree tops.

"What's your problem with Braden?" Mirabelle asked Arthur.

"I don't have a problem with Braden," Arthur said, his eyes shifting from side to side.

"You obviously do. You were acting really weird around him, like you were jealous."

"Okay, sorry that I don't really enjoy the company of vampires after they tried to kill me."

"I guess that's true but Braden is different. You'll see." For the rest of the day they rode in silence. As the sun began to set, the trio pulled up and made camp. Mirabelle made a fire as dusk arrived, melting the snow in a perfect circle, surrounding the land in a thick fog. Mirabelle fell asleep instantly and so did Braden but Arthur was restless knowing a vampire was traveling with them. Finally Arthur was so tired he couldn't keep his eyes open and he drifted away from consciousness soon to be filled with nightmares of bloodsuckers and night dwellers and... giant fruit!? The next morning Arthur woke up, covered in snow, to find that Mirabelle and Braden had disappeared.

"Mirabelle!" Arthur called, "Where are you?" No reply. Arthur called over and over again but never got an answer. Where could she be? Arthur trudged through the snow filled forest calling Mirabelle's name, but quickly losing hope of finding her. Arthur meandered back to the campsite only to find Braden and Mirabelle sitting and talking around the ashes of last night's fire.

"Hey Arthur," Mirabelle yawned. Her hair was coated with fluffy, white snowflakes.

"Mirabelle where have you been? I have been looking all over for you and have called your name at least 1,000 times! Why didn't you answer me?"

"Dude you sound like my brother," said Braden, "chillax."

"I didn't hear you, I was learning about Braden and his life and telling him about mine." explained Mirabelle.

"Well you don't have to give every little detail away of every moment of your life." Arthur snapped.

"Sorry but it's MY life. I can say whatever I want to whoever I want whenever I want. You don't monitor everything, no wait make that anything, I say and do."

"I know that but-"

"But what? You can't respond because you know it's true. Just leave me alone." Mirabelle stomped off leaving both boys behind in the falling snow.