Shady Memories

Lunas P.O.V

The rats are starting to get glitches from not sleeping in their capsules in a long time but it's not that bad...yet. Chase and I had just been training and this time it was normal Black Arrow training. No freaking bionics.

We had just finished and gotten inside our room when he asked me something I never expected to have to answer.

"Why did you become Black Arrow in the beginning?" He asked. My back was currently facing him which meant he hasn't seen my face. The only thing I could tell you is that I was surprised with him asking me that question. I mean, why didn't he ask earlier when he first found out?

''It's a long story'' I breathed out as I turned around to face him.

''I got time'' Chase said before sitting down on the bed and patted a seat next to him for me. I walked over and sat next to him. I took in a deep breath before starting off my incredibly long story.

*Flashback five years ago*

"Dad! I'm ten years old, not five!" I yelled to my dad who taught it would be fun giving me a pink pony toy for my birthday.

"It was just a joke, here's your real present" He said and handed me a present. I didn't waste any time to open it. When I finally pulled the cover off, inside was two chinese ring dagger and two sais.

"Oh my god, dad! I love them!" I yelled as I hugged him. My dad and I have been training with weapons and fighting ever since I was seven or eight. So we have been trainingfor two-three years now.

"I knew you would, princess. Come here!" He said and held his hands out. I engulfed him in a hug and repeated the same sentence "Thank you" over and over again.

"You're welcome. Now lets go try them out" He said and led me to the backyard. Mom was in the kitchen baking something as dad taught me how to use the knives and sais. I learned pretty quick and started doing tricks myself.

"What about me?" My fifteen year old brother Logan asked as he came out to the backyard.

"They're mine" I laughed as he pouted.

"Dad!" Logan yelled. He has alway been daddy's boy.

"Luna, let your brother try once" Dad said. I sighed before giving him the knives. Logan is just like a big baby. Sometimes I wonder if I am really older than him.

"Luna, darling! Leo's here to see you" My mother yelled from inside. I grabbed one sais before walking inside. Leo is almost a year younger than me so it was really funny messing with him.

I saw Leo standing by the door waiting for me but he still hadn't seen me. I used a move my dad had taught me and hid behind Leo. I made a samm sound for Leo to turn around and when he did, he jumped and screamed like a girl.

I started laughing so hard that I had to hold my stomach from the cramps.

"Y-Your f-fa-ce" I managed to say between my laughs. Leo looked pissed at me but I was too busy laughing to care.

"Ha ha, real funny. Come on! My mom baked some cookies for us!" Leo yelled. I stopeed laughing and smiled widely.

"Yes! But let me go tell my parents we're leaving" Leo nodded before I dashed off into the living room. 

"Mom! Dad!" I yelled.

"In here, honey!" The yelled from the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to see dad had packed his bags and they were hugging.