Chapter 7: I Hate You, I Like You, No, It's Awkward Again

Start from the beginning

So.

That's what is feels like to match wits with someone at your level, wait, what's the catch?

Is it the feeling of freedom, of seeing the light? It's that, uh, kid with the key and the kite.

You see him too, right?

Our conversation lasted two minutes, maybe three minutes, everything we said was in total agreement!

Then Angelica turned and saw her sister's face and she was...

"Helpless!" Eliza told her.

And her eyes were just....

"Helpless."

And I realized that I couldn't ever like Alexander Hamilton.

But I already did.

Flashback End.

"Angie?" John waved his hand in front of her face.

"I don't like him," Angelica said sadly.

John scoffed. "Sure you don't."

"I actually... I think I can get over him." Angelica's face brightened.

"Lucky you," John muttered.

"Only with your help, though," Angelica blushed from the tips of her toes to to her entire face.

John looked up. "Really?"

"Yeah, really," Angelica grinned.

Suddenly John kissed her.

Angelica jumped back, her eyes wide.

"Angie, I'm so s-s-sorry, I know that we only have known each other for like, omigod, I really," John rambled.

Suddenly Alex walked in. "Uh, hey?"

"I'll leave now," Angie hurriedly picked up her things.

"Angie!" John called, trying to get up.

Angelica ran out of their dorm.
"You really know how to chase a - Wait have you been crying?" Alex worriedly touched John's face. He froze.

"Uh, no," John pulled back.

"John..." Alex moved closer, looking closely at his face.

"Alex, no, okay I need to find Angelica," John pushed him away. For once, there was something more important than Alex.

He ran out of the room.

Angelica's POV

Smooth, Angie, real smooth.

"What did you do to John now, Angie?" Eliza asked, brushing her hair.
"N-n-nothing, why'd you ask?" Angelica stammered.

"Because he's pounding on our door like he's the Devil again," Eliza laughed.

Oh heck no!

"ANGIE, PLEASE!?" John called, nearly breaking their door. "I really need to talk to you!"

"Shush, Eliza's suspecting me! Let's go to the courtyard," Angie took John's hand and led him there.

"Look, Angie, I - " John started to say.

"It's fine, but I want to remain friends," Angelica smiled.
"Phew, because I really like you- I mean, I really like our friendship, you know?" John rambled.

Angelica smiled. "Me too."

Peggy's POV

It was Friday today! And it was 6:30! Peggy ran into her sister's room, who were both sitting away from each other.

"ELIZA! ANGIE!" Peggy screamed.

"Oh my god!" Angelica fell out of her chair.
"I have a date! Well, no, but almost! Laf's teaching me French!" Peggy ran around, jumping on bed.

"Peggy, please, calm down," Eliza put her book down.

"I think it's great! We have a sister that needs help for dating!" Angelica seemed determined to focus solely on Peggy's love life.

"I wanna wear yellow!" Peggy told Angie. She had brought her entire suitcase along.

"Of course you do," Eliza chose a lacy one. "What about this one?"

"Too revealing!" Angie scolded Eliza.

"This one?" Angelica suggested.

"Floor length, high collared, long sleeves?" Eliza shook her head. "Why do you even own this?"

Angie's face darkened. "No particular reason."

"This one?" Peggy suggested, holding up a dress.

"I approve," Eliza and Angelica said simultaneously.

Peggy wiggled into the dress. She grinned as her sisters smiled affectionately.

"Gotta go!" Peggy cried as she realized it was 6:55.

"Bye!" They chorused.

Because Peggy was running out of the door, she didn't hear Angelica mutter, "At least one of us has a simple love life."
She was ready to meet Lafayette.

Lafayette's POV

Laf awkwardly straightened his hoodie. Was this too casual? Would Peggy be okay with this? Aidez moi!

"Hey Laf," a shy voice greeted.

Laf turned around and his jaw dropped. Peggy looked... Incredible.

"Vous êtes belle," Lafayette said dreamily.

"Ha, well I don't know what that means... Maybe let's start?" Peggy giggled, playing with her hair.

"Uh, oui," Laf blushed, pulling out her chair for her.

"How do you say I don't understand?" And so the French lesson began.

@Infinity_Moon_36 as she collaborated on the story with me!

Hope you enjoyed!

- Angelica and Eliza 🌼