01 - Choices

Do you know what happens when you take two planes, a bus and end up in Texas?

I'll tell you what happens..

You end up a prisoner, at a ranch with family you barely know, having to do things you could barely stand. I got away but you know what getting away doesn’t mean anything when the love of your life is missing. I’ll tell you what happens when you leave and board that plane.

Bad choices happen.

A LOT of bad choices.

Don’t get me wrong, up until this point in my life I have made a lot of bad choices. Do I regret any of them? Nah, do I wish I maybe thought before? Sure. I made my choice to help Adam, Liam and Leah rob that bank. Should I have maybe paid more attention? Probably? Should I have found Adam before I took off?

I don’t know.

I have no idea what I’m doing. I’ve been driving on this highway for about six hours. I have no idea where I am. I lost the cops when I jumped into Liam’s car, but I also lost all my friends. I lost the love of my life. I lost everything.

I ran away. Worst choice ever. I shouldn’t have I should have pulled Leah, I should have grabbed her hand before we ran.. I should have done a lot of things. I should have kissed Adam and told him I loved him every night. Even if he didn’t feel the same, I’d lost that chance and I‘d never get it back.

I pull into an abandoned rest area I saw a sign for about an hour ago and put the car into a parking spot and shut the engine off. All I have is my gun and my bag that I was wearing. Which holds thirty bucks, a pack of gum, my lip balm and one tampon.

Way to go Mia.

I get out of Liam’s car and pop the trunk. Not that I thought it would have anything in it I might be able to use but what I find inside isn’t all that shocking. Inside the trunk it has two bags, a Jack, some tools, and a drop cloth. I grab the bags and open up one. Inside this one is clothes. They are Leah’s. I can tell, by all the girly type items.

Well thank you Leah now I have clothes to change into.

I go and open up the second bag, and inside it are Liam’s clothes? I don’t really know but whatever.  I riffle around inside and I find some odd stuff.

Never knew Liam was such a freak. There are hand cuffs, and some money thank you Liam. I go thru it some more pulling out random things from inside.

Well that’s weird A wallet type thing. There’s a picture of Adam on the ID but the address is wrong, the whole information is older.  I pull his out to look it over, and underneath the wallet was more stuff. I find another wallet and inside is my picture.

Fake ID?

Oh crap on a cracker.

All the little brick fall into place only to crumble.

What was Adam going to do? Why would we need fake ID’s?

Who actually cares and why was this all inside Liam’s car?

I had so many questions that if I started to list them it would probably take up the whole world to write them all.

What was Adam into?

Everything just gets so confusing. My only real happiness at this moment is that money. I can hide with this money in here. Adam must have planned for us to get away after all this. Maybe Liam and He had some plan I wasn’t aware off. Obviously.

The clothes in the Leah bag were some stuff she had given me, looking them over and pulling some out it was a lot of the stuff she had given me. So Adam packed us bags. Why didn’t he put them in his car?

So lost.

Who did I fall in love with?

I grabbed some clothes from the bag for myself, and shut the trunk. I’d have to change and find somewhere to sleep. Since it had a blanket inside the trunk in the back I figured I could get some food somewhere fast, and then sleep in the car somewhere. I’d have to be careful and make sure that this car was hidden. Liam’s car was probably being blasted all over the news and on the radio for a look out.

I left the car and went into the rest area marked “Women’s”, I was the only one here at this rest area so I wasn’t too worried about anyone walking in. I went into the back bathroom, stripped off my current outfit and put the new ones on. The stuff I had on now was dirty, dusty and I wasn’t too mistaken it had blood on it. I tossed them in the back of Liam’s car when I got back outside, id have to burn those clothes. No need for anyone to pick up my trail and find me.

Thank you CSI

I got back inside and looked at the gas gage. I had to fill up the gas soon. I got back on the deserted highway reluctantly. I made my way to a town a few miles out and pulled up into a fast food joint. It was run by teenagers who looked about as annoyed and tired as I felt. What I really needed was to find somewhere desolate and sleep. I ordered a breakfast burrito and a small coffee.

I got back in my car with the food I had quickly ordered. I didn’t know what to really do. I didn’t want to be found if I was id probably go to prison.

I had to figure out a way to change myself and the car. I was sure the police would soon know I had Liam’s car. The first thing I had to do once I got food in my belly was change my appearance.   My long blonde hair was noticeable, that was the first thing people always noticed about me. The natural white blonde was always something I didn’t like but I felt like it didn’t really matter so I never changed it. I was guessing I needed to do something about it. I had Leah’s clothes and they weren’t the same as mine had been but I had lost most of my stuff when I left the Ranch anyways. So I had to dye my hair maybe cut it and make sure I changed something about my face the best I could.

It wasn’t like I could go get plastic surgery so after eating my food parked inside a CVS parking lot; they were open twenty-four hours a day. It was pretty early in the morning. I got out and went inside. I had my pocket knife in my bag so cutting my hair wouldn’t be a problem I could at least look less suspicious in just buying the dye alone.

Girls dye their hair everyday! Nobody would notice that. I searched the isles slowly noticing that there were only two employees in the store one stocking and one at the register. I found the dye and got the cheapest black they had.  I figured that was a change. Brown was generic and they’d first think id do brown, they’d never automatically thing black. It was a less likely choice for a blonde. I got the dye and made my way to the register.

A girl in her twenties with straight brown hair and a bad attitude rang up my purchase. She scowled when I gave her a twenty for the five dollar box of dye. What? I didn’t have anything smaller. Some people just need to take the stick from up their behinds and calm down. After her dirty look and giving me my change I quickly left the store and got back into the car.

I started the engine and made my way back to the highway again. I turned the radio and listened to the soft music, hoping to hear some kind of news update.  Something saying “Girl Armed and dangerous- driving yellow car” I really had to change the car. I could paint it? I mean I knew how. It was beautiful just the way it was but canary yellow stood out like a pig in a chicken coop. I’d dye my hair at the next rest stop and then I’d find the next auto body place and I’d steal the stuff to paint the car.

Might as well... A good looking girl with a bright yellow car was noticeable.

Period. The clock on the dash read nine in the morning. I had been driving all night and I was beyond tired.  I didn’t want to sleep in broad daylight inside a bright yellow car but I had to dye my hair first and then I could find some back road somewhere and hide the car and sleep. I’d seen enough of Texas to know that I could find some off road somewhere in a town and hide the car in some kind of building.

So, that’s what I found myself doing. I found a road that looked about as abandoned as I felt and drove Liam’s car into a barn that looked like it was going to fall over if I blew on it or poked it with a stick. I didn’t feel so safe, but I had the gun so really..Whatever.

I closed the door to the barn and got inside the car, I shut and locked the door and got in the backseat and snuggled into the blanket. I fell asleep with the gun on the floor and my face on the cold leather seat.

I had so many questions flowing inside my brain. I drifted off into the darkness.