Chapter One

"Mr. Jameson!" I heard my name, snapping me out of my daydream. My teacher is standing over me, glaring at me. Or, rather, the sketch that my hand did of it's own accord while I was in my reverie. I look down, blushing when I realize who it is of. It's of Alexander. Also known as his superhero persona by the name Illusion. Luckily i drew him in costume. Not how I see him. The boy with a double life, just like me. Looking for someone to love him unconditionally, just like me. But unlike me, he has someone who loves him for the boy under the suit. That someone is me. Yes, I am gay. And I'm in love with my enemy.
I am shaken from my thoughts once again when the bell rings. As soon as I step out the door into the bustling hall, I am pushed against the wall, the drawing yanked from my grasp. Immediately, I look up at my attacker, my villainous training about to kick in. "Oh look, the fag has a crush on a superhero," my attacker scoffs, immediately going to rip it. My personal bully -Jack- is the one who has me pinned against the wall. "No," I growl/cry out, as Jack is slammed against the lockers on the opposite side of the hall. In between us stands Alexander. Or, Illusion rather, with the picture I drew in his hand, unscathed. He hands it back to me, his face red. From fury, or something else, I do not know. "That's a nice drawing you got there," he speaks and it makes me wonder how I did not realize his identity sooner. He does not know that I know, of course. I accidentally saw him suiting up for a fight with the most hated man in the city. But, no one can hate him more than I do. That man is my father. He is the main Villain that fights against Alexander and his family. I always refuse to be part of the battles, making up excuses like all the homework I have, or some other petty crime I already planned. Those will stop working soon, though. When Alexander's dad stops being the head of the superhero family, it is time for the next generation of superheroes and villains, A.K.A Alexander and I. "-sh, ASH JAMESON!" I'm torn once again from my thoughts, realizing I had been staring off into space for about a minute.   Illusion is gone, and in his place stands Alexander, waving his hand in front of my face, his face lightly tinged pink. "Are you okay?" I tear my gaze away from my stubbornly handsome soon-to-be-arch-nemesis, nodding my answer to his question. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just have a lot of stuff on my mind." Alexander helps me gather my belongings that I must have dropped when Jack had me pinned against the wall. After, we head to the bus stop. When we arrive, I find my father waiting for me. Making sure I hid the picture of Illusion safely in Alexander's bag, I say good-bye to him. I watch him walk away, grinning  at how he walks with a little swing in his step. As soon as he is on the bus and heading to wherever it is going, I turn towards my father. "So," he starts to speak, "who is that boy? You better not have a crush on him. I will not stand for my son to be gay!" He berates, completely forgetting that we are in public. He raises his hand, as if to hit me. Slowly, as if he finally comes to his senses, his hand falls back down. Although I am relieved, I know that it will just make my punishment worse at home. His reasoning for the abuse is that all villains have a horrible backstory, that makes them evil, makes them full of hate.
He looks around making sure no one is around before he grabs me harshly by the scruff of my neck. Dragging me back to our penthouse, all the way up to my "room." It is more of a whole floor in the penthouse. Of course, without a kitchen so he can decide when I get to eat. If I get to eat, that is. I hear the door lock with a deafening click. Now that he is gone, I feel myself losing control. Quickly, I glide to the room that I created. A sound-proof, indestructable place where I can let my anger towards my father out, where I can act upon my self-hatred. I lock the door, and let my power course through me, losing myself in the trembling, roaring sound in my head. I can feel the minds of the people around me, hidden under locks that I could destroy in mere moments, but I won't. I refuse to be my father, going through people's mind, finding their biggest fears, exploiting those fears to break people, changing to show their biggest fear to the world. But, I am NOT my father. I will not be my father. My control finally snaps. I feel the rafters trembling, buckling underneath the weight of my raw, unfiltered magic. I hear myself yell out, consumed by the fire of rage, the pain of self-loathing. I am a monster, a monster that deserves this-this Hell! It's my fault that this city will be broken, over and over. The energy shoots from my body, sending waves of power crashing into the mirrors that I have placed around the room. They shatter, shards flying back towards me. They pierce my skin, and I let them. They tear and rip my arms, my skin, my chest, and I don't stop them. I don't stop them because I deserve it. I don't heal the cuts because the pain keeps me from losing control again.  The only thing i move are the shards embedded into my body, working to piece the mirror back together, cleaning the room so my father does not know the extent of my powers. All he knows is that I am telepathic, but the fact that I can practically do anything with my telekinesis is something only I know. And I plan on keeping it that way. Strolling through the room, gathering my control, I look down at my body, surveying the damage that the glass shards did. After I have fully gained my control back, I will heal them. There will be scars, but it's not like anyone cares enough to look for them, much less ask about why they are there. I walk out of the room, crashing down on my bed, exhausted.
Tomorrow, I will have to go create my suit with my father, unfortunately. It's getting close to the time Alexander and I shall take over as the head of the superhero and villain families. I would have to try and hurt the people of this city.
Alexander, oh Alexander. How could I possibly hurt the boy I've loved for so long? Before, when I did not know that he was Illusion, I thought that he would be the perfect person to stand at my right while I tortured myself into hurting the citizens of this city, keeping me grounded, reminding me that there has to be some good in me, even if I can't see it. Hopefully there is. But how in the world would Alexander love me, mask or no. I'm not a lovable person, I don't deserve love. My father has always told me that, and I understand why now. I fall asleep, thoughts swimming in my mind.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let y'all know that this is my first ever original story. Hopefully I'll be able to update as soon as I get the next chapter planned out and I have written the rough draft.   Hope y'all enjoyed this first part! I will be switching P.O.V's occasionally, and I will let y'all know when it happens.

Stay Golden,
Angel Xx