Chapter Sixteen: The Tiebreaker Race Pt 2

Start from the beginning

"Doc, I'm flat! I'm flat!" McQueen called to Doc.

"Can you get back to the pits?" Doc asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I think so." McQueen replied, just as the official at the start/finish line waved a yellow flag.

"Hey, got a yellow." Doc called to McQueen. "Bring it in. Don't tear yourself up, kid."

Then, Charlie Checker, the Piston Cup pace car, pulled out onto the track ahead of The King, Braedey, and Chick, the three slowing down to a cautious speed.

"We gotta get him back out there fast or we're gonna be a lap down, and we'll never win this race!" Mack told the others.

Doc looked to the little forklift. "Guido! It's time." he told him, and Guido narrowed his eyes, as McQueen made his way into the pits.

"Hey, tiny, you gonna clean his windshield?" One of Chick's crew mocked, then the others laughed, as Guido stood by with four new tyres, and his air wrench.

As McQueen came to a stop in the pits, Guido threw the four tyres up into the air, then began to take off the old tyres, but in the process, as the new tyres came down, he puts those ones on in a flash, as the old tyres rolled off to the side. Once all four tyres had been replaced, McQueen revved his engine, and with smoke coming off his rear tyres, he raced out of the pits, heading out back to the track.

Everyone was shocked

Everyone was shocked. That pit stop lasted just about 3.5 seconds. It was the fastest pit stop that has ever existed in the history of the Piston Cup. Chick's crew of forklifts were so shocked, that the fake moustaches they had on fell off their faces.

"I don't believe it!" Darrell was amazed.

"That was the fastest pit stop I've ever seen!" Bob agreed.

"It was a great stop, but he's still gotta beat that pace car out!" Darrell spoke out.

"It's gonna be close." Bob added.

Lightning revved his engine as he exited pit row, and raves ahead of Charlie Checker, much to Chick's infuriation, but to everyone's cheer.

"Yeah!! He's back in the race!" Darrell called out.

"Peet stop." Guido said to Chick's Crew, and the last forklift lost his moustache.

McQueen soon caught up around the track to The King, Chick, and Braedey, as the green flag went waved, and the race was off and away again.

~*~*~

"This is it. We're heading into the final lap and McQueen is right behind the leaders." Bob announced, as the white flag was being waved. "What a comeback!"