Chapter Six: Traffic Court

Speaking of the McQueens, Braedey was sleeping nearby what was the impound lot. He stretched his wheels out, stretching his axles, and shaking his body. He rolled over to the front fence of the impound, and saw Lightning inside the lot, his front left tyre clamped with a rusty yellow parking boot on.

"Hey, Lightning. You awake?" Braedey called, making Lightning wake up slowly.

"Oh, boy." He groaned, and slowly opened his eyes, adjusting to the light. "Braedey... is that you?"

"Who else would you think it be?" Braedey asked sarcastically.

"Mornin', sleepin' beauty!" A rusty tow truck yelled out, making Lightning jump up in shock and fright. "Hahaha! Boy, I was wonderin' when you was gonna wake up."

The tow truck looks like he's a Haunted Hook/Haulital Hook'em, and a mix of a 1951 International Harvester L-170 "Boom Truck", One Ton Wrecker combined with some pieces of a Chevrolet3800 and an old 1957 Dodge Truck. He is covered in rust and the only visible paint that could be seen is on his sides and on his rear. He also has a bumper with a yellow and black "caution" logo.

"Take whatever you want! Just don't hurt me!" McQueen tried to reverse, but when he heard a loud clunk from his front left tyre, he saw the parking boot. "A parking boot? Why do I have a parking boot on? What's going on here? Please!" He was getting freaked out, and tries to get the boot off himself.

"Lightning, relax

"Lightning, relax." Braedey tries to calm down his partner.

The two truck laughed. "You're funny. I like you both already. My name's Mater."

The two racecars looked at the tow truck in confusion. "Mater?" They asked in confusion.

"Yeah, like "tuh-mater", but without the "tuh"." Mater explained. "What's your names?"

McQueen seemed shocked. "You... you don't know our names?"

Mater thought for a moment. "Uhh, no, I know your name. Is your name Mater too?"

McQueen raised a brow. "What?"

"Mater. Listen." Braedey spoke up. "My friend and I need to get to the state of California as fast as possible. But, quick question; where are we?"

Mater seems surprised. "Where are you? Shoot! You're in Radiator Springs. The cutest little town in Carburetor County."

Both McQueens looked around, but all they could see were dilapidated and wrecked buildings, and those that didn't seem to have any kind of rigidity at all.

"Oh, great. Just great!" Lightning groaned.

"Well, if you think that's great, you should see the rest of the town." Mater suggested.

McQueen smirked. "You know, we'd love to see the rest of the town! So, if you could just open the gate, take this boot off, three of us, we go cruisin', check out the local scene..."