(Stevepop) Darry's reaction.

Soda and Steve had been seeing eachother in a romantic light for weeks and weeks now. They'd mess around in the garage at work during the morning. And when they got home they usually had about two hours to let their teenage hormones loose before Darry would be back. Soda told Ponyboy right away knowing he'd be okay with anything. Pony was just happy Soda was happy. He didn't mind one bit. So he'd hang out in the kitchen or the livingroom if he had no where else to go, and he'd let them take the bedroom till Darry got back. But he also kept watch for Soda and made sure no one went upstairs and found out. Today was different though. Pony was at the movies with Johnny and Dallas. There was no one to keep watch. Steve didn't like the idea of messing around if no one was there to stay guard, but he faltered at Sodapop's charming smile when he asked. They stumbled upstairs and began stripping eachother down to nothing. They fell back onto the bed while mixing their tongues in a sloppy kiss. Neither of them had any clue Darry got off work early today. When the door slammed downstairs, Soda got chills and they both shot up. Footsteps thundered up the stairs and Soda shoved Steve into his closet as fast as humanly possible. He flopped back onto his bed just in time for Darry to open the door. He looked a little startled.

"Soda where are your clothes?" 

"Don't have none."

"Yes you do. What is up with you?"

"Uh Darry...there's something I wanna tell you actually.."

"Well it can wait until you have clothes on-"

Darry slid the closet doors open as he kept facing Soda with a hard stare. His younger brothers face turned a dark red and Darry looked into the closet to find a naked friend of theirs.

"Surprise...?"

Soda flashed a worried smile and Steve climbed out from the tight dark space. Darry was stunned speechless. He stepped back to let Steve out and both boys covered themselves with Soda's bedsheet. For a few minutes Darry just stared and chewed on his lip whilst knitting his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Dar..don't be mad...I can't help it.....I was born this way. And Steve, you like Steve right? So it's not so bad.."

"If you so much as put a scratch on his heart, I promise I will never share our chocolate cake with you again, understand me Randle?" 

Both boys smiled.

"I won't hurt his heart. But I might bruise his ass a little." (this is my favourite line and I intend on reusing it as often as possible.)