Chapter 3: Maria Reynolds Protection Squad

Start from the beginning

"Did-did I kiss Alexander Hamilton?" Eliza scrunched her brows.

Angelica's head snapped up. "I-i-i don't remember."

"Fine, I'll ask John or something," Eliza yawned.

"No! I mean, he probably has a massive hangover, he drank a lot," Angie stuttered.

"Oh yeah, what happened between you two last night?" Peggy questioned. "You two looked pretty close, like real-"

"OK TIME TO GET GOING!" Angelica swiped her sister's up and sent Eliza to the bathroom.

While making her sisters breakfast Angie looked back into the night.

Rewind

Rewind

Helpless

I remember that night I just might

Flashback

Angie giggled into her twelfth shot while a drunk John Laurens downed his immediately.

"So," Angelica said, slurring heavily. "Who do ya like?"

"You won't believe me if I said so," John's lopsided grin seemed to darken slightly.

"I don't care if it's a guy, a girl or anything in between," Angie looked straight into John's eyes.

"Okay, okay," John did a short drumroll for himself. "It's Alex!"

Angelica laughed. "No wayy, me too!"

Then they both started giggling and laughing and drinking to forget the pain.

End flashback

Angie shook herself back to reality. No way he remembered any of that. It was better that way. He would look at her like she was some kind of self absorbed kind of sister who didn't care. Angelica loved her sisters more than anything in her life. They meant the world to her. But John was... gay? Or bi, he was probably bi and he also liked Alexander.

Dang it Alex, seducing the girls and the guys.

Move on Ange, move on.

You got a long day ahead of you.

Maria's POV

Maria walked into a brightly lit classroom and dumped her books on a random desk. Seconds later Hercules Mulligan slid into the desk next to her.

"Hey, you okay after last night?" Hercules asked softly, scanning her face in concern.

James never looks at me like that. I met this guy yesterday, and he's already making a better impression on me than James.

"I'm fine. Thank you for doing what you did, but really, you didn't have to," Maria turned her head to the front of the classroom. Better crush this relationship before it grew to something she didn't know how to deal with.

"That guy was threatening you and treating you like dirt!" Hercules protested, looking shocked.

"He's my boyfriend," Maria defended, even though she hated James. Her parents forced her to be with him as they both came from influential, wealthy families. But James was a real pain, and he thought he could order Maria around.

"Yeah, a rude - " Hercules started to say, but Maria threw him a look.

"Herc, you seem like a nice guy, so you should stay away from me and my problems," Maria mentally cursed herself as she let that problem part slip out.