Chapter 2: The Envious Confessions of a Slightly Drunk Couple

Start from the beginning

"We all need more drinks, I'm going to get some more." No one heard John, or so he thought.

"Wait, I'll come with you," Eliza's sister gently pushed her chair aside and made her way to John's side.

"I'll need more than a few shots to forget about tonight," Angelica muttered.

"Did ya say something?" John turned to the frizzy haired girl.

"What? No, let's just go get another drink." Angelica walked ahead.

"How about we see who can down more shots while still being able to answer questions," John joked.

"What kind of game is that?" laughed Angelica.

"A good one," He replied putting some shots on a table. "I'll go first." John took a shot,

"Alright let's start easy. What's your major?" Angie asked.

"Too easy. Marine biology."

"What? Why?" Angelica tilted her head.

"Well, I've always loved turtles," John shrugged.

"Cool, I guess, my turn," Angie downed her shot.

"Okay, so, how many siblings do you have?"

"Well, it's me, 'Liza, and Peggy, the youngest."

"Oh I have two brothers and a sister." John looked tortured.

"Are they that bad?" Angelica loved her sisters.

"Well, they're a handful," John smirked.

"That's why we have parents," Angie joked.

John's face darkened. "Yeah..."

"I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?"Angelica looked genuinely concerned, like Alex did, before...

"Uh, no, it's just that my dad..."

"You don't have to tell me," Angie looked at him and squeezed his hand.

John smiled gratefully. "Thanks."

oOo

Eliza's POV
"Where's John and Angie?" Eliza giggled, slightly drunk.

"Did they go to get more drinks?" Hercules slurred, his eyes drunkenly scanning the room.

"I should check on them," Alex frowned, his alcohol tolerance higher than the rest.

Eliza giggled. "No, stay!"

"Who's designated driver?" Peggy piped up. She hadn't touched any drinks because she was only 19 but her mind was older and had come a bit later than the rest.

"YOU ARE!" They exclaimed.

"Oh." Peggy got up. "I'll check to see where they are."
"Peggy, j'adore Peggy!" Laf chuckled, hugging Peggy.

She laughed nervously, shaking Laf off.
"John? Angie?" Peggy called, making her way through the crowd.

She found Angelica resting on John's shoulder as he played with her hair, both obviously drunk out of their minds.

"Uh, hi?" Peggy asked, waving(through a window).

"PEGGLE YO!" John screamed, making Angelica laugh hysterically.

"Peg... Leg!" Angelica bursts into fits again. "Leg! Leg!"

"Come on guys," Peggy dragged Angelica to their table with a stumbling John behind them.

"You guys are the oldest, at least act your age," Peggy groaned.

"Yo don't get so upset little Petey," John slurred, winking lopsidedly at her.

"It's Peggy," she huffed.

"Just thinking, if the Schuyler Sisters had a theme song, what would it be?" Eliza randomly asked.

"We should head back, we have a lot of work to do - " Peggy was interrupted by Angelica.

"WERK WERK Angelica!" Angie sang, nearly falling over.

"WERK WERK Eliiiiiiiizaaaaa!" 'Liza practically fell into Alex's arms.

"And Peggy," Peggy said monotonously.

For some reason, everyone at the table seemed to think this was the funniest thing ever.

"I MAY NOT LIVE TO SEE OUR GLOOOORRYYYY," John sang with a voice like Anthony Ramos'.
"They're singing now!" Peggy muttered. "Wonderful. How am I ever going to get them in the car?"

"Oh Peggy," Eliza slurred. "We'll go if you say so."

"Alex, are you even near sober?" Peggy asked.

"BUT I WILL GLADLY JOIN THE FIGHT," Alexander sang with a loud voice

"Okay, Eliza, could you get him to the car?" Peggy instructed, shaking her head.

"Angie, John, the rest, come with me," Peggy said, thinking that the rest must be sober enough to at least get to a car.

"Fiiine!"

Getting so many drunk people to the car was a long and arduous process but finally it was done.

"Wait! Where's Alex and 'Liza?" Peggy exclaimed, looking around frantically.

"I've lost them!" She moaned, banging her head against the cold steering wheel.

"We'll go look," John and Angie were a bit more sane in the fresh air.

Still stumbling, John and Angelica made their way back to the bar

"I think I see them?" John squinted at two shapes.

They came closer to the scene. Eliza and Alex were kissing. They were drunk, sure, but they were kissing. Angie looked horrified, and John was simply heartbroken and had a drawn expression on his face.

"Back to the car?" Alex suggested, getting up with a drunken grin on his face.

The two simply nodded, too in pain to say anything. Angelica felt tears in the back of her eyes.

"Ugh, finally we get out!" Peggy zoomed off into the darkness, oblivious to the two heartbroken people.

@Infinity_Moon_36 as she collaborated on the story with me!

Hope you enjoyed!

- Angelica and Eliza 💩