15 | Humans, Hanging, and Henry's jokes

I want to thank and dedicate this chapter to Samhireads for being an all around amazing person and friend. She technically already know what is going to come, but she is still a dedicated reader. Thank you again for dealing with my endless comments. I dedicate this chapter to you <3

-----------------

"Welcome," Harry motions to the surroundings, and I try not to gasp to loud. "To the Human World!"

I held in happy tears as I look around at the tall buildings. Even though it was basically the punless, blue sky version of the underworld, I just realized how much I missed it and the feeling of being human. 

Well, not exactly human. 

I was only visible by other realm travelers. Humans can't hear me or see me. They went along with their daily lives, while I stand and watch. 

Some hate life, some love it, but no one understands how lucky they are to truly live. 

"So are we going to my house or what?" I ask Henry eagerly, my feet already bouncing in excitement. 

"Honey, chill. You look like you just took some L.Y.F.E." He holds my shoulders still, before looking into my eyes seriously. "Did you? Because y'know I won't tell no one other than like the rest of the group. Maybe my mom too? She sometimes reads my diary, so I might need to change location if you do-"

"Henry," Flint interrupts his blabbering, and takes ahold of my hand. "She is fine. Just excited to be be back where dreams are made." I agree with Flint, but Henry just looks confused. 

"We aren't in L.A," Henry thinks out loud. 

"L.A? L frickin' A? That place is trash. Listen here you son of a-"

"Okay, Flint, we get it. You're a proud New Yorker. Now please calm down." After sending a final glare to a terrified Henry, his fists unclench. 

"How did you know I was from New York?" Flint asks, shaking off his anger. I just raise an eyebrow at the stupidity of his question. 

"Because no one other than a New Yorker could hate L.A that much." He begins to mumble about how everyone should hate L.A, but I tune him out and turn back towards Henry. 

We both look very out of place here. Obviously, we don't feel the cold, so instead of being adorned in heavy coats and sweaters like everyone else, we are wearing summer clothing. I wish we couldn't feel the heat in Hell. It is specially made so we do, but it is also year round. Without my magic closet, I'd run out of outfits. 

"Henry, what are we doing here?" He stops staring around at the humans, and turns towards me. Someone walks through him, and I see his eyes grow big. 

"Are you okay?" I catch him before he falls, but he just nods. 

"When humans walk through you, you get some sort of sensation. It made me want to puke and grin at the same time." He stabilizes himself before continuing. "Sort of like a twisted rollercoaster."

My senses perk up after his warning. I'm guessing I wouldn't be a fan of the 'sensation' since I already hate rollercoasters. Grabbing his arm, I move both of us into the corner, restarting our conversation. 

"We have to run a few errands first, but if we do them quick enough, we may have an hour or so to head over to your house." I raise an eyebrow, and he quickly understands why. No one has fully explained what kind of errands dead people need to run. "All I need you to do is steal some crops with Flint. I'll handle the other stuff."