The Accident Part 3

I woke up in my hospital room again. This time Corey, Brennen, and Sam were sitting next to me. Sam is always here when I wake up, doesn't he ever leave? He is a real one.

"Hey," I tell them trying not to bring up what just happened

"Hey Colby, how are you feeling?" Brennen said with a sad look

"My stomach hurts a lot," I said as I put my shirt up and reveal the stitches had been done again.

"When you were fighting you opened them. The doctor gave you something to sleep and had to re-do them." Corey said with the same concerned, and sad look Brennen had. Before I could say something, Sam did.

"Colby you yelled at us. You told us to let you be with her, to let you stay there. That I understand." Sam said, anger in his face. He made a pause took a deep breath and forced himself to continue.

"But- But then you told us to let you die." The anger that had been in Sam's face had now converted into deep sadness and concern.

"Why Colby? Why would you say that? What is wrong with you?" The anger came back, his voice was getting louder and he stood up. With Him Corey and Brennen. Corey placed his hand on Sam's shoulder trying to tell him to calm down

"No, Corey!" Sam said angrily pushing his hand away. "Colby, you survived the car crash! You could have died! You could have left us! You could have left me!"

At this moment I felt my heart sink. I realized that if I were gone, my friends, especially Sam would feel what I feel now with her.

"What would I have done without you? You are my best friend! I can not believe you are so selfish. I understand you are sad for her, that doesn't mean you have to go around making drastic desitions!" Sam was now almost yelling. He stopped and took deep breaths. Then he left the room.

"Don't worry about him. He just doesn't know how to handle it. He is in shock of how fast things are happening." Corey said and left the room to talk to Sam.

"I'm sorry. I'm- Brennen, this is hard. How can I do this without her?"

"I know things are not good now. But they'll get better. Just don't think that way! Don't do it. Believe me, it won't make things better." I looked at him and nodded.

***********

It had been hours. I haven't heard anything from Sam, Katrina said he is trying to understand me, but he is having a hard time. Corey and Elton have been coming and going all day. The doctor came to check on me. They put a cast on my arm.

"Your stitches are healing fast, your arm should be okay in 1-2 months. Your head shows no trauma. You were very lucky." She said trying to cheer me up but all I could do was nod.

"About your friend-" She started

"She is my girlfriend." If she was going to talk, she better have her facts straight

"Sorry, your girlfriend, we are doing all we can to protect her. There is no way of knowing when she will wake up, but in the mean time, we are making sure she is fed and-"

"Wake up? She hasn't waked up?" It's been almost a day, how can she not wake up?

"You don't know?" She asked me confused

"Know what?"

"Colby, I'm sorry, your friend, Sam, he told me that it would be better for him to tell you."

"Tell me what?" Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no no.

"Colby, she is in a coma... She suffered a very serious trauma, her brain was damaged, too. The human brain is very powerful, at any time during the coma, her brain could give up. But we are doing all we can to-"