Caitlin heaved a breath. “Lord Frederick?”

“Yes, My Lady.” He sat on the bed. “You shouldn't feel shame, beautiful.” He said, before pulling her close. “I had the most extra ordinary time of my life.” He kissed her lips.

A drop of her tear fell on her face. “My Lord, do you love me?”

Frederick nearly scoffed but thought better of it. “Of course, My Lady.” He kissed her once more, staring into her eyes.

“You are in love with me and not my title, are you not?”

“I love many a things about you, Lady Arundel; your smile, your personality, the feel of your skin pressed against mine, what your touch does to me, your luscious lips... But your title, I cannot bring myself to care about your title.”

“Oh Frederick,” She kissed him and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I love you too but I have done nothing but lie to you!”

“What? What might you mean, My Lady?” He laughed nervously.

“The last few minutes of being in your arms, sharing your bed was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I cannot go on knowing I have been cruel by lying to you!” She sobbed. “I'm not who you think I am.”

“What?” A raw feeling of disgust washed over Frederick as Caitlin maintained her hold around his neck.

“I have no title. I am but a woman belonging to the middle class...”

Frederick immediately shoved her naked form off of himself and rose to his feet. Without turning to acknowledge her for fear that he'd hurt her severely if he did, he began to make his way to the door, rage filling him.

“Frederick!” He heard her desperate call. “Frederick please!”

“Get dressed,” He turned around slowly, just in time to find her gawking at him. “And get out.” He finished, before turning back around and walking out.

Frederick made his way to another bed chamber and slammed the door shut behind him, furious! He would have smashed something but for the fact that the house belonged to his grandfather.

He hated London! He hated London, he hated his grandfather and he hated the lying wench who just shared his bed!

He laid fuming for what seemed to be hours when there was a knock on the door.

Turning to the side in a bid to ignore the persistent knock, he knew it was Caitlin.

“Lord Wellington?” He heard Bailey's voice.

The butler no longer shared the servant's quarters with his fellow servants. Instead, Frederick's grandfather had insisted on taking Bailey for his own services and giving Bailey a room right next to his grandfather's; a room fit for the Queen.

“You have a visitor, My Lord. Your grandfather insists you come down.” Bailey called.

A visitor in the middle of the night?! Frederick rose to his feet and walked to the door where he pulled it open. He allowed the butler lead him down the stairs to the guest parlor, fully expecting the said visitor to be Caitlin but was surprised to have Elizabeth throw herself into his arms the second he walked in through the door.

“Frederick!” She cried, clinging to him.

Frederick didn't exactly feel like consoling anyone but his grandfather was present. Annoyed, he plastered a smile on his face and held her close.

They stood wrapped in each other's arms for a while before Elizabeth abruptly pulled away. Her eyes were red and her face was stained with tears.

“I will.” She finally said.

“You will, what, my Lady?”

“I will marry you, right now, right here,” She leaned forward. “Let's get married tonight, Frederick.”

Copyright © 2017 Lily Orevba All rights reserved.