Take A Hint⇔Archie (request)

This was requested by @MackCliffwin!! Enjoy!
-

Cheerleading practice had just ended, and I was sitting next to Betty on the bleachers, watching the boys finish up their football practice.

"So, do you think Reggie's cute?" Betty asked, chipping at her pink nail polish.

"No way, ew! Why would you ask me that?" I replied.

"Because I know for a fact that he likes you. But it's okay, I think he's kind of a scumbag, too," Betty agreed.

"Hey, ladies! Enjoying the view?" Reggie shouted, jogging closer to the bleachers. Just great.

"Speak of the devil," I mumbled.

"Well hello, (y/n). It's great to finally see you in a River Vixens uniform. It's funny, I remember trying to convince you to try out last year, but you just wouldn't give in. Now, look where we are. Cheerleader, football player..."

"Look, Reggie, I'm not interested."

"Just one date, (y/n). Just give me one chance," he pleaded. I saw Betty give me an awkward side glance.

"She said she wasn't interested, so leave her alone," came a familiar voice from behind Reggie.

You sighed, feeling relieved that Archie had come to help with the Reggie problem, although you didn't need a man to rescue you, anyway.

"Says who? You? You don't own her. Let the girl speak for herself," Reggie laughed. At this point, you'd had enough.

"Reggie, I don't want to go out with you! If you don't stop annoying me, I'll tell the whole school about your little 'accident' that happened at the football sleepover last week!" You exclaimed. Reggie had wet his pants from laughing so hard, and you weren't afraid to tell everyone about it.

"You wouldn't dare!"

"Oh yes, she would. Now go!" Betty exclaimed.

"Okay, fine. I can take a hint. Just don't come crying to me when-"

"MANTLE, GET DOWN HERE!" Coach yelled, leaving Archie, Betty and I on the bleachers, thankfully.

"I'm going to go find Veronica," Betty motioned, giving me a double thumbs-up behind Archie's back.

"So, (y/n), there's been something I've been meaning to ask you, and I thought Reggie liked you and I didn't want to interfere, even though Reggie's a jerk," he took a deep breath, "(y/n), I like you as more than a friend, and I was wondering if you wanted to maybe hang out sometime?" He confessed.

"Yes, of course, Archie! I liked you, too, but I thought you had a thing for Veronica!" I exclaimed giddily.

"I don't, I've always liked you," Archie laughed. I went on for a hug, but Archie picked me up and spun me around instead.

It just felt right to finally be in his arms.

---
I feel like this was really cheesy oml but tell me what you think!!😅

credit to @ellasfood on Wattpad