Chapter 2 - Airport

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

After a few days it was time to leave I had gotten up early before going to get my mothers ashes from the funeral home before coming back home because the removal men were coming to get the last of the furniture before coming back to the house to ...

After a few days it was time to leave I had gotten up early before going to get my mothers ashes from the funeral home before coming back home because the removal men were coming to get the last of the furniture before coming back to the house to get the boxes before taking them to the dock before being transported to South Africa. After the boxes are taken I had to wait for the new owners to come and collect the keys from me I couldn't stick around for long because I had to head to the airport.

As the taxi pulled up he got out and put my cases into the boot before we both got in it was a quiet journey because I wasn't very talkative at the moment so I just sat there for the entire journey with my earphones in listening to music as I looked through the window taking in the view because there was a chance that I would never see it again. As the cab pulled up a the airport I got out before the driver headed to the boot grabbing my bags and case "going anywhere nice?" The driver asked "South Africa" I said which made him look impressed "we'll be careful out there" he said before he moved my bags the closest to the door as he possibly could before I paid him "have fun" he said before heading to his car and driving off.

I grabbed my bags before heading inside and checking in before going through customs and grabbing some lunch and finding somewhere to sit and wait to board my plane as I sat down I looked at the letter again and the photo mainly to help with the nerves. Because I was nervous about so many things the fact I was flying hundreds of miles away from the country I was born to another, as well as meeting my father I had always imagined as a kid what it would happen what it would feel like and now that it was getting closer the nerves were taking over but I couldn't go back now because I had already sold the house, the practice and pretty much everything we owned but the move to Africa would be good for me because England had bad memories for me.

After having lunch I sat there and watched mine and my mothers favourite movie before heading to the gate before getting on the plane I walked down the isles until I found my seat I had booked the window seat so I could look through the entire way I had never been on a plane before because growing up my mother could barely afford to keep us afloat let alone take us in holiday. But as I was about to get comity I heard someone speak so I looked up taking my earphones out "Hi I know you've book the window seat but is there any chance you could swap with my daughter" the woman said as he little girl looked up at me, I had book this seat specifically but I understood "yeah sure" I said collecting my things and letting them get in before sitting on the third seat.

"Thankyou it's her first time on a plane that's all so she wants to look out of the window" the mother said watching her daughter look through the window "it's alright it's my first time too" j said with a smile on my face. It was going be a South Africa 22 hour flight with two stops so i grabbed my laptop out of my bag before plugging in my ear phones and loading up the movies I had downloaded for the flight I watched a couple before having something to eat before going to sleep before we would change at Dubai.

I felt a small hand shake my shoulder so I woke up the see the little girl who I had swapped seats with above me "we've landed it's time to go now" she said so smiled before collecting up my things and putting them into my bag before heading out of the plane "so what's for you in South Africa?" The mother asked as we headed inside to grab our bags to check into the next plane "a job" I said as a smiled I didn't really want to tell her the truth because I wasn't even sure what was going to happen myself right now.

We had a short wait so I grabbed some food before heading into the cafe I saw the woman's and daughter from the plane so I went to sit with them "Hello" I heard the daughter say as I sat down "you don't mind do you" I asked "of course not" the mother said as I sat down "so are you guys going on holiday" I asked "no we're going to visit my brother he owns a game reserve" she said "we're going to see Elephants and Giraffes" the little girl said excited "where are you staying?" The woman asked "I game reserve called Mara" I said it was the neighbouring reserve to Leopards Den.

"That's where Uncle Alex lives" the little girl said sounding excited "my brother owns it" the woman said "is that a South African accent I hear" I asked because I recognised her accent "yeah I'm born and bread, but I moved to the UK with my mother after my father died" the mother said which hit home because of my mothers recent death. As we were waiting in the que the mother stood there looking in her purse for the money that wasn't clearly there so I pulled a £10 note out of my pocket and passed it to the cashier which made her turn to me with a sad look on her face before getting the change and sitting down when I came back with my coffee she tried to give me the change back "it's alright, when I was your daughters age my mother could barely afford to buy me a birthday cake, until a man stepped up in the supermarket and paid for it, my mother wanted to pay him back but he told her to pay it forward but she never got the chance so im going to do it" I said which made her smile before placing her hand on mine.

Later on the three of us headed to the gate together before getting on the plane luckily we all had seats together again and I had got a window seat on this plane too but I gave it to the daughter again "here we go again one more stop" the mother said before i opened by bag before heading to the gate I had gone into a shop and grabbed a bunch of snacks and food and because to pass them to the both of them the mother didn't say anything because she knew I wouldn't take no for an answer instead she smiled.

After having some dinner and watching a couple of films I grabbed my coat from my bag and put it over me before falling asleep in my chair because it was late and we had another stop in the early hours.
End Of Chapter 2