Chapter 5 - Secrets

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

Jodie POVFor weeks not I had been holding onto the secret that I was my bosses daughter I wanted to tell him I did but there was never the right time to

Jodie POV
For weeks not I had been holding onto the secret that I was my bosses daughter I wanted to tell him I did but there was never the right time to. Over the next weeks many things happened I got to learn the ways of the bush and du Plessi told me I took to it like a duck to water.

Du Plessi POV

I wasn't sure what it was, but I had a strange feeling about the new Brit who had been working here. So, Evan interrupted me as I was about to search her room by asking, "What are you doing?" Evan asked as I pushed him to into the room before locking the door behind him and saying that I was "checking her room" as he stood there and watched in confusion. "Why" Evan asked.

"Because I think she's up to something" I said closing the draw and walking over to the wardrobe pulling everything out quietly until I found a box hidden under everything "well what is this" i said taking it out placing it on the bed as i opened it taking everything out "I knew it" I said as I pulled out the photo "is that Danny" Evan said I picked up the photo "yes but why would she have that?" I asked as I looked at him.

Before placing it down and before getting everything else out before finding a letter and began to read it which shocked me, Jodie was Danny's daughter but yet didn't say anything "what is it?" Evan asked as I stared at the letter in confusion before putting in my pocket quickly before heading out of the room and Evan followed "where are you going?" Evan asked as I headed out of the house and towards Danny's veterinary practice, "to find out why she's been lying to us" I said annoyed.

So I walked quickly until I entered the building "what's up Dup" Danny asked concerned as I had an angry look on my family "do you have something to tell us Jodie" I snapped which made her look at me with a guilty look on her face which made Danny look at her "Jodie" Danny said looking at me "you don't want to tell him ok I will" I said before passing him the letter I had found along with the photo, Danny look at both before looking at Jodie, with a hurt expression on his face. "What's this" Danny then said sounding angry.

But Jodie just stood there and didn't say anything "is it true?" Danny asked as Jodie's eyes began to fill with tears "so you've been working here under false pretences" Danny said annoyed with her "I wanted to tell you but" Jodie said before she was interrupted "but what" Danny said "I thought it would ruin everything I've created here" Jodie said as the tears began to fall down her eyes "you've already done that now, you should have told me from the beginning rather than lie to me" Danny said turning away from her in anger so Jodie ran out and Danny shouted after her.

But she ran off into the bush and Danny stood there with a guilty look on his face "i overreacted and now look what's happened" Danny said looking over to where she had ran off "it's not your fault" I said feeling guilty also which didn't happen a lot, because I should have approached it differently.

Danny POV
I couldn't sleep that night so i sat there at the dinner table in the kitchen when I heard footsteps approach behind me to see Sarah stood behind me "can't sleep?" Sarah asked as I turned to face her "no" I said as she sat down "I have something to tell you" I said before I took a deep breathe, I had asked Evan and Dup to keep it to themselves until I spoke to Sarah.

"What's the matter" Sarah said with a worried expression on her face "Jodie is my daughter" I said beginning to get upset with my self as a shocked expression formed on Sarahs face. "What" Sarah said shocked "I only found out myself today" i said trying to calm myself down. "Dup gave me these he found them in her belongings" I said before placing down the letter and photo on the table. Before Sarah read the letter "I just wish she would have told me" I said feeling guilty for not being in Jodie's life.

"Is that why she left?" Sarah asked "yeah I overreacted and pushed her away" I said wiping the tears away. "We can't turn back time but Tomorrow we will sort everything out I promise" Sarah said as she placed her hand on my arm as i began to cry. "Oh Danny" Sarah said pushing my head on her shoulder and consoling me.

"Right now we need sleep" Sarah said taking my hand as we walked to our bedroom but I didn't sleep all that night instead I just laid there looking at the ceiling, wondering and thinking until the sun began to rise coming through the small gaps in the window that's when I knew it was morning, so I got up from the bed I began to get changed because first thing I was going to head to Mara and speak to Jodie. But as I was getting changed I must not have been as quiet as I thought I was because I heard Sarah groan, making up and looking over at me "you going to Mara?" Sarah asked as i began to put my shoes on.

"Yeah" I said trying to smile but it was harder than i thought "then I'm coming with you" Sarah said as she rubbed her eyes before getting out of bed "you don't need to it's my fault she left" I said looking down at my feet for a moment before Sarah walked over placing her hand on my shoulder "well as it turns out she's family now which means it's my problem too" Sarah said before placing a kiss on my head.

She got dressed before we headed down the stairs of Leopards den however as we did I heard Dup shout after us "you going to Mara?" Dup asked so I stopped Midway down the stairs before walking back up "yeah I overreacted yesterday, and I need to speak to Jodie before it's too late" I said as Dup placed down his cup of coffee "well I'm coming too" Dup said before standing up "it's my fault any of this even happened" Dup said before I nodded and we all go into the jeep. As I drove many thoughts began to go through my mind, would she even want to speak to me, would she push me away for the way I reacted, or would she forgive me and come back to Leopards den.

As we pulled up the gates I knew that we wouldn't be welcome here after everything that had happened with Tate but at this moment in time I didn't care all I cared about was Jodie so once I parked the jeep but as we began to walk around we were stopped by Tate "can I help you?" Tate asked confused why we were here "I'm here to see Jodie" I said trying to push past him "well she doesn't speak with you so i think it's best that you leave." Tate said which annoyed me.
End Of Chapter 5

Wild Heart - Wild At Heart [1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara