Valentino Rossi ~ Movistar Yamaha

"Marry me?" (885 words)

---

"Y/N, I'm sure he's going to make it in time," her best friend reassured her as they both got ready for the New Year's party.

"But, you never know with the traffic and all that," Y/N rolled her eyes as she got into the dress she was planning to wear tonight.

The dress came down to just a few inches above her knees and it had ¾ sleeves for the arms

The dress came down to just a few inches above her knees and it had ¾ sleeves for the arms. It also was in a beautiful midnight-blue color, which Y/N really liked about it.

Once she got into the dress, she applied some light makeup and didn't do much to her hair; wanting to look casual and understated for the party.

"You look gorgeous, Y/N/N," B/F/N smiled once she was done with getting her achieved look and turned around to look at her best friend.

"You think so?" She laughed as she grabbed her purse and car keys from her dresser, "anyways, are we ready to go?"

B/F/N nodded her head and the duo left Y/N's apartment she had shared with her boyfriend, Valentino. She smiled to herself about the secret Valentino had told her and also made her swear not to say anything about it to Y/N.

---

"Hey, Y/N," Maverick smiled as he made his way through the crowd to get to Y/N and B/F/N since Valentino's plan was about to start. "Someone wanted to see you outside?"

"Oh," Y/N was confused as to who wanted to speak to her, but nonetheless, politely excused herself out of the conversation and walked outside.

Once she made her way outside, she saw Valentino smiling as he was waiting for his girlfriend. Walking up to him, he turned around to face her.

"Vale," Y/N smiled as she greeted him with a kiss on the lips, "aren't you going to come inside?"

He shook his head and grabbed her hand in his, "no, well maybe later, but first, I want to take you somewhere. Oh, and you also have to keep your eyes covered with this."

Valentino walked behind her as he delicately tied the blindfold around her eyes and made sure she was good to go.

"And, I'll be here with you every step of the way," his Italian accent was strong as he spoke English and started to helpfully guide her to the 'secret' location, which was the beach nearby the party venue.

---

"Can I take this off now?" Y/N asked out loud as she felt her heels dig into the sand and it immediately confirmed her thoughts that she and Valentino were now at the beach.

"Just a few more steps," Vale spoke up as he guided Y/N to the spot where she was going to stand. He turned her around as he got prepared to get down on one knee and have the velvet box in his hands. "Alright, you can it off now."

She took the blindfold off of her face and was confused as to where Valentino had disappeared off to. Turning herself around, her hands went up to her mouth to suppress her gasp.

Valentino had a big smile on his face as his sparkling blue eyes were looking into Y/N's radiant E/C eyes. "I had this big romantic speech I wanted to tell you, but that just went out the window. These past four years have been the best years of my life and there's no doubt how much I love you. I love how you cheer me up after I had a bad result and I love celebrating my victories with you. I love how you're always able to make me smile and make me feel happy. I love being your boyfriend, but I want to take things to the next level..."

Tears of joy started to stream down Y/N's face and Valentino took a deep breath in as he got ready to say the words that would change his life forever.

"...Y/N L/N, will you make me the happiest man on the planet and marry me?" Valentino's voice cracked as he tried his best not to break down into tears, but he could already feel the teardrops fall down his cheeks.

Y/N giggled and fervently nodded her head, "I'd love to marry you, Valentino."

He still had a smile on his face as he stood up from the sand and dusted himself off before he slipped the beautiful engagement ring onto her ring finger.

"I'm truly the luckiest man in the world right now," Valentino felt his fiancée wipe the tears off his cheeks and smiled softly at her

"I'm truly the luckiest man in the world right now," Valentino felt his fiancée wipe the tears off his cheeks and smiled softly at her. "Ti amo così tanto, mia bellissima fidanzata." (I love you so much, my beautiful fiancée.)

"I love you too, my handsome fiancé," Y/N smiled back at her fiancé as she brought him in for a kiss, "happy New Year, mio Tesoro."

"Happy New Year, mia cara," he whispered onto her lips as he continued to kiss her. 

---

Hi, I'm back again with another update! I apologize for this being short, but I'm going to make a promise to have the next one slightly longer. Speaking of which, keep an eye out for the next one shot, which will include Dani Pedrosa. And other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀