pt 22

"Fired? For what?"

"The boss said when i took those days off i had missed a lot,i tried catching up but i guess it wasn't enough." Staring straight forward she blinked again and again.Holding back tears.

"That's not fair! I knew you were one of the best people in the agency why would he do that?" Infuriated i slammed back into my seat.

"He never wanted me to be part of the agency there anyway. The only reason he accepted me there was because of the time i met one of the higher ups. They sent in a recommendation for me so...but it's okay i won't be jobless for long. Don't worry bout a thing." At the red light my mom turned to look at me,with her wet eyes and a smile. That smile wasn't meant to make me feel better. It was for herself.

"Right..." Nodding i let my head fall onto the cold glass of the car. Back home she had been running around the house cleaning and trying to cook.

"M-mom that's not ketchup it's-" Trying to stop my mom she had already put the food in her mouth.

"AHH! It's so spicy!"

"-It's hot sauce..."

"W-water!"

"That won't-"

"Ah it's worse!!"

"-Help..." Sighing i sat down and watched as she ran around the house in hopes of relieving the burning sensation. After many rounds of going up and down the stairs she sat down on the floor.

"That burning in my mouth finally stopped... i wish... it would have stopped when it happened to your father and your little brother and sister..." Hanging her head low mom twirled her hair in her finger.

"Mom..." I knew it. Now without her job rushing her all around, she has no choice but to remember them.

"I wish i could have helped..." Walking over to comfort her i extended my hand.

"No- i wish i would have left with them... my babies,"Crying again i pulled my hand back. Left? With them...and leave me alone?

"I-I have to go." Running out of the house i forgot my sweater and my shoes. What's wrong with me, i'm running to nowhere in socks and a t-shirt. Still running i stopped at a huge house. "I remember this place." I was standing in front of a black gate. This is...this is my mom's former boss. "My mom wouldn't have said she wanted to leave if he wouldn't have had fired her. He's at fault. His fault. All of it..." The next thing i knew i felt all heated up burning from the inside out. I didn't remember anything.

"Please miss step back.."

"My husband! He's in there!"

"Miss..."

"No stop.."

"Hey there's a kid over here!"

"Get me some help!"

"Go go go!"

"Argh," Slowly blinking i tried to adjust to all the flashing and blinking lights. "What's happening?" Cocking my head around to the other side i saw a tall blonde lady.

"Can you tell me your name please?" She was holding a flashlight in her hands.

"My name? My name is... Imy, Imy Schmidt."

The lady had told me the place i was found in was across the street from the house that had just exploded into flames. I was questioned again and again. They continued to ask even after my mother arrived. But...i couldn't tell them anything. The doctors said i might have forgotten because of the explosion so they left me alone after that. I don't get it. This always happens. Me and my mom were riding in her leather car seats in silence. The radio was loud but not loud enough to block out our silence. Finally returning home my stepfather came to comfort my mother. Leaving me and my dirty socks up in my room alone, searching for sleep.

Sleep that never came.

My alarm rang and my eyes had never closed shut. "I don't want to go to school today..." Dragging myself downstairs i looked at the two plates of burnt pancakes. "Um i'm heading back upstairs." Showering and getting ready i ran out before my mom noticed i ignored her 'perfectly cooked pancakes." It happened again. That same cycle. Anger.Fire.Death. Pain...

I was already waiting for the bus when someone sat next to me."Why...why am i like this?" mumbling these words under my breath i shoved my face in the palms of my hands. My eyes watering and small drops falling slowly.