pt 5

Finally reaching my locker i found a letter which read, "Meet me on the roof after school." Checking to see if it had a name or a clue as to who it was i searched the letter. But i found nothing. Hesitantly I say,"Should i really go? Maybe it's a prank..."

"Prank? Where?" Someone's cheery voice echoed from behind me.

"Oh Toby-"

"T-bone! Call me T-bone, Silvy."

"Uh Silvy?" I ask tilting my head with a slight smile.

"Yeah cuz' your eyes are silver," He chimed.

"Ah I see..." Walking up next to me he took the letter.

"If you're worried this is a prank don't be."

"But how'd you know?" Taking back the letter i put it in my bag.

"If a prank goes down i have to know, i keep tabs on everyone. So don't worry. Go up,"He said pointing to the staircase. But i was still hesitant. What if he was in on the prank? Looking at my indecisive face he laughed. "If it makes you feel better i can go up with you."

"No no! You probably have things you need to do after school so i couldn't-"

"Nah i'm pretty bored at home so let me come," Smiling he asked kindly.

"Alright, thanks then." He nodded and opened the locker next to me. So that's why he was standing there. I glance at the inside of his locker. Family pictures, pictures of him and his friends as well as small drawings on the inside of the locker door adorned it. I peeked back at my own, all plain and lonely.
"Ready?"He asked putting on his army bag.

"Yeah let's go." So we raced up the stairs, completely out of breath when we reached the 5th floor.

"I'm- really out of shape," I said giggling genuinely.

"No kidding so am i." When we opened the door to the roof the boy who i had sat next to in my first class was standing there, looking up at the sky. His long stawberry hair dancing in the air, his pale completion paler as the sun hit him.

"Who's that?" Toby whispered the question.

"No idea." Unaware of our presence me and Toby approached the boy.