Chapter 7 - IV's and Thinking Deep

Beep beep beep.

Dizzy. Drowsy. Drowning. Fear. My feelings as I lay here are indescribable. My body is stiff. I can't move anything. I try to speak, but it turns into a cough. I catch my breath as I realize I was holding my breath. I hear muffled shuffling and panicked voices all around me. My eyes are crusted and heavy as I try to force them open. They are about half a centimeter open when the blinding light forces me to shut them again. The light above me gets dark, and I feel warmth by my side.

"Here. Does that help?" That voice. It couldn't be. I try to speak again.

"Ja-" I'm cut off as I go into another coughing fit.

"Sssshhhh. Your okay. Just please, open your eyes. You don't have to say a word." At that moment I knew it was him. I forced my eyes open, this time with passion knowing that he was here for me. I look up to see his hand over my eyes like a sun visor to protect me from the bright lights. I see his face, and get a good look at my surroundings before he finally takes his hand away. I notice it then. Everyone is here. My mom, my brother Clayton, my dad, Jordan, and Jayden. My favorite people in the world. They are all crying, tears of joy and worry in their eyes. They are all sitting down except for Jayden. He is standing next to me, and everyone else soon rises to give me a group hug.

"Ca-" is all I get out before I cough again. I moan and close my eyes again. Everyone backs away, figuring out I need my space. I reopen them to see them all staring at me with the same expression. Love. They all seem exhausted. How long havje we been here I wonder?

"How long," I whisper in my weak raspy voice that I am finally finding.

"What was that Ashley?" My mom asks.

"How long have I been here?" I then realize that the doctor has just come in.

"You were in a coma for two months. And these wonderful people stayed here nearly the whole time. Your room was never empty." I would have started crying right there, if, number one, I still could, and number two, if I wasn't so weak.

"Two months?" I whisper, my voice cracking.

"Yes. And it was so painful to see you lying there silent. You weren't the fun, loud, jumpy bug you always were when I saw you." Jumpy bug. He always called me that when we were little. He was full on crying now. "All you were, was, well, grey. But, you would have been permanently that way if it weren't for Mr. Maron over here." He motioned to Jordan, who jerked his head up after staring at the ground.

"Thank you Jordan. Thank you all. I can't believe I thought you didn't love me. Now look at us. We are all in this hospital room, you guys were always there for me, and this whole mess was my fault." That was when I saw it. There were flowers, teddy bears, balloons, every thing, littered around the room. Then I remembered. My wrist. I gathered all my strength, and lifted my wrist out from under the bed covers. It was wrapped in a single white gauze wrap. I could see the stitches under the translucent tape. All my other cuts were nearly healed and fully exposed. All I could do was stare. I look up when my dad leaves the room, realizing he hasn't spoken the whole time. Then a question comes to my mind.

"Tell me the whole story of my stay here."

Jordan's POV

"Tell me the whole story of my stay here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This can't be happening. I am driving Ashley to the hospital, she has lost a lot of blood. I hope she will be okay. No, she NEEDS to be okay. I don't know how I'll ever get over watching her die. No. She won't die. We are almost there. I pull into the parking lot, and go into auto pilot. I grab her, and run her in, giving her to two medics who take her into a room in the back.

"Sir, she will be a while before visiters are welcome. Please go home and shower so you don't stress out other people here in this waiting room."

"She needs me."

"Sir, what did I just say?"

"SHE NEEDS ME HERE." My anger boils in my veins as one of the men from before comes out with a panicked look on his face.

"What's your blood type?" He asked me quickly.

"O negative." I say simply.

"She's dying. Would you be okay if we took some of your blood for her?"

"If it means saving her, than WHY THE **** NOT?" I yell. That cam out wrong. Whatever. I run following the man into the a room were they take some of my blood. I start to feel dizzy so they give me some food and tell me to take it easy for a while. They tell me to go home and shower now that they know there is nothing I can do. I give in, and start to head home. Now its time to tell her dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I realize everyones eyes are on me now. They must have finished telling her. Ashley is crying, and everyone is approaching me for a hug. I accept it gladly.

Ashley's POV

They finish telling me everything. I'm crying more than I have in years.

"So, all of you somehow managed to get plane tickets to come and see me last minute, even though we all live in different states pretty much?"

"Yup." They all said in unison.

"Wow." That was all I could say. I loved these people with all my heart, and they loved me. Yes. They LOVED me. How could I be so blind as to not see that before? Never again will I do this to them. I was so blind. But now I'm tired, so I soon drift to sleep surrounded by my family.