Chapter 3- Oh Ashley...

I am stopped dead in my tracks. Am I seeing what I think I am seeing? "What are you- oh crap!" She sees me looking at them, pulled her shorts down and runs out of the room. I hear a door slam on the other side of the house. I follow the noise, its from the bathroom. I knock.

"Ashley, you okay in there?" I'm trembling all the way from my voice to my feet. "Ashley, talk to me. Will you open the door?" I hear sobbing. It gets softer as she opens the door, averting my eyes. The room is small, but big enough for both of us.

"Whatdoyouwant," she mumbles, barely audible.

"I want to know if your okay. I'm here to tell-" I'm cut off.

"To tell me what? That I'm a FREAK?" She is near yelling. She stares at me intensely, her eyes filled with a feeling of being lost.

"No, now lower you voice please. I'm here to tell you how amazing you are." I was ready for this because I had seen some of her art laying around here and there in the hotel and in this new house.

"That's what everyone says. They expect me to believe them." She sits on the toilet, with the lid down.

"You don't have to believe them if you don't want to," what am I saying? "BUT, believe me when I tell you this. I have seen a lot of fan art, realism art, and illustrations, but hardly any come close to the feeling I get when I see your work. Your art is beautiful, almost as pretty as the artist herself." I am now squatting in front of her, looking her in the face, and she avoids my gaze. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see her dad. Crap.

"Hi there. You didn't tell me your name," I say nervously as I walk up to him.

"Tim."

"Oh. Well, sorry for the hold up, ill come back out and help some more."

"Ashley, you stay here." He grabs my arm and pulls me outside. "What are you doing?"

"We, I, well, she started crying and-" crap, stuttering, this isn't helping my case. I'm cut off when he snaps,

"Why was she crying?"

"She's stressed about all this moving stuff." I say this because I know she is, which probably added to the situation, I just left out some details. Lucky enough for me, his face softens and he pats my back.

"Sorry I over reacted. I'm just a little protective of my little girl."

"Its better to be overprotective than to not care, right?"

"That's what they tell me."

"Oh, I'm Jordan Maron by the way."

"Nice to meet you." We walk back inside, and I ask if I can take Ashley to lunch, to get her mind off of the stress.

"There's not much she can do yet anyways, so I guess that's alright if she wants to."

"Of course I want to!" She squeals, here comes fangirl time. We load up into my car and drive away as her dad pulls out his phone. Probably calling some people to come help him out. I feel kind of bad, but then Ashley gets my attention.

------------

Hai guys! Writing rampage! Lol. So, I'm doing all of this on a tablet, and I have since day one, so there are probably a lot of typos. Sorry! Have you figured out what Jordan saw beneath Ashley's shorts? Oooooooohhhh secrets! Lol I'll tell you in my next A/N but the first person to comment and get it right gets a shout out! Yay! Okay, well, I might be gone for the next few days, probably not though, things will just be super stressful, and my step-mom is coming home, but I'll have a lot of free time tomorrow so I might prep for the next few days. I highly doubt ill ever get too busy for this though, wattpad is my way of coping. I can express myself, not a care in the world. I can live a different life. It feels so good!

Anyway, im ranting. Im starting a new book soon, its gonna be called "Gradient, trapped between ages." And, btw, most, if not all, of the things Ashley tells jordan here are TRUE. For me. Yes. I am Ashley. Basically.

But, anywhoozers, I love you all! Jordan hugs to everyone!